Should I try to get my hands on Striker Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Okay, so for a while, I have been thinking about trying to get DOTM Striker Optimus Prime.

On one hand, he's an awesome upgrade of a great mold and I broke my ROTF Leader Optimus Prime, and I'm not entirely satisfied with the DOTM Delu- I mean Voyager. On the other hand, I'm not really into the movies anymore, and I absolutely despise bad scale, and there is no leader DOTM Megatron or Shockwave, and I've never customized a toy... ever, and I know the Striker Optimus has extra-dark grey... grey, and I don't like it.
    So... should I try to get my hands on him?

2. NemesisBrime

NemesisBrime Well-Known Member

The answer is simple. No.

3. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Maybe just replace the Leader you already have?

4. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It sounds like you are trying to talk yourself out of it. If you were happy with the Leader Prime I would say just try to fix or replace it.

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Just find a junker on eBay to fix yours.

6. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    For what he is, he is absolutely not worth the going prices atm. Buy yourself a Jetwing prime or the the DOTM Buster prime/Jetfire 2 pack and save yourself some money.

7. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

yeah i agree with molina, sounds like you're not that enthusiastic about that mold in the first place, so there's really no need to spend close to $300 to get one right now. rotf leader optimus and the battle hook version are fairly inexpensive even for a new one.

8. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pick up another ROTF Prime. Striker is stupid expensive. Jetwing is kind of expensive as well in comparisson. If you really want jetfire, you're going to dump a lot of money on that two pack. You best bet is to either find a junker prime to repair yours or vice versa, or just buy another ROTF prime. Most of the other options are really expensive.

9. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Not really. Have you seen how much a Buster prime costs on its own. They go for at least 250. So essentially you get Jetfire sort of like a 'bonus' so to speak, not to mention the fact that they combine. It is probably the next best option for him.

10. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Just find a cheap normal ROTF Leader or Buster Prime. You said it yourself, you really don't care to pay extra for movie toys and you're not a fan of the darker grey parts on him anyway, so why spend the extra cash on something you really don't want?

I had him in my POL for the original BBTS $120 price before they raised it and I cancelled the order for him. I just couldn't spend that much on a mold I already owned when all I really wanted was the Buster Prime paintjob.

11. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you read all of his post and all of mine? He's asking if he should go striker or stick with his rotf prime. I suggested he stick with his rotf prime. In comparisson, the buster prime combo pack is going to be expensive like striker or jetwing.

12. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Yes I read it and I suggested to him instead of paying much more money for the Striker optimus prime, he could spend LESS money on the Jetwing/DOTM pack. If he was intending to spend a lot of money I would think that the Jetwing/DOTM pack be a better option imo. If not, by all means he should just buy a ROTF Prime.

13. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Also remember that you can get a HFTD Battle Hooks for less money. You can swap parts between it and your leader.

14. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Striker is 250 now?

Owwwwwwwwwch.

15. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Striker is flipping awesome, but nothing's worth a quarter-grand if you're that iffy on it.

Also, I see what you did there, but the ACTUAL DotM Deluxe is far from a bad figure and probably the best for scale with Voyager Megatron, Shockwave, and many other Decepticons. There are a couple good choices as far as getting the mold, too.

16. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

All I want is for somebody to do a KO of Striker Primes rifle. Other than that I like my Buster & regular Leader better.

17. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds like you already made up your mind. For what it's worth, Striker Optimus is a frikkin awesome figure. The shield, mech tech guns, and darker color scheme make for a very nice Leader class toy. He's basically my "play-n-pose" OP, while Jetwing OP just sits there on the shelf looking (ginormously) badass and Buster Prime stays in alt mode for shiny truck goodness. But yeah, as nice as Striker is, he's not worth $250 ($150, yes, but not $250).

18. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What's with these new ROTF Ldr Prime threads? I love it!

While I love my Striker Optimus, it doesn't sound like it's for you, especially the extra cost. Maybe find a cheap(ish) original ROTF Prime to replace your broken one?

19. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Striker Prime is awesome, just not USD $300 (+/-) awesome.

You should really hold out for a inevitable "Reissue", like the Buster Prime & Jetfire 2-Pack that happened again in DOTM.

If a particular mold (especially when its Optimus Prime) is garnering enough interest, then I don't see why TakaTom would miss out on an opportunity to milk the Fandom again, no? ;) 

20. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Here's my suggestion: Buy a new ROTF Leader Prime, then buy the Shapeways DOTM Shield and Prime gun. It's a cheaper alternative, and you get the same results. I like the Striker Prime, but honestly these companies charge way too much for them, and the people who sell them on ebay are ripping people off ( like anything else on there).

You could buy two ROTF Leader Prime's ( one to play with, and one to store) plus the weapons for less than half what Striker would cost you.

Hope this helps.