should i sell some minicons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
  2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you're into Micromasters, I'd keep the minicons, to hang out at MM bases like Skystalker and Groundshaker, man gun turrets and stuff. Do you have any?

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yes. Paint them into Micromasters, definitely.

Also, I forget what the set is called- the one with Prowl, Firebot, and the Osprey-ish one- that make sort of Targetmasters. That's actually one set I wish I hadn't sold.

4. Lumpy

News Credits:
    actually i do... i think... pretty sure i've at least got some parts in a bag i got from ORIO... gotta pull that out now...

yeah, i LOVE that set... i've got the armada set, the repainted armada set, and i bought all 3 universe figures that came with a member because i wanted that set too... i may actually sell one of those sets... and keep the rest...

5. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i know i'm bumping my own thread, which is a faux pas... but does anyone have any idea on what the armada emergency repaint team goes for? i've got someone interested and need to figure out a price on them, but everything on ebay is for the regular team, except for one store selling the firebot repaint for 10 alone...

6. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would keep them,,,unless you can make some good $ from them to use towards other transformers.. :) 

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Personally I'd sell them. Because I think painting TFs is kind of a pain. If you're in to that kind of that stuff, than I say go ahead and break out the brushes and paint!

8. Lumpy

News Credits:
    oh yeah, that's mostly where my extra budget for TF's comes from... i alot myself about 50 a month generally, but if i want something over that, i need to sell stuff, and the minicons, while small, are just something i don't need 3 versions of...

9. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I really dont like the estetics of the minicons. Look weird and ugly usually imho.
    I love Micromasters though. I sort of like the minicons with beastmodes, they are still ugly as hell in botmode (except the wolf, he look kind of cool).

I was never into the whole Unicron-trilogy and all that, so was kind of wondering. Concerning Minicons are there more then the 7 beastmolds I know of.
    3 modern Predators (Eagle, Wolf, Tiger)
    3 Dinos (T-rex, Triceratops, Pteradon or whatever it is)
    1 Dragon.
    Are there more minicon beastmodes than those?

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Those molds were the first-ever beast Minicons. All of the previous Minicon alt-modes were vehicles.

11. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah... those guys are all kinda wonky (except Knockdown), but i still love them so much...

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    those are a little harder to find but not sooo much that you would charge a bunch for them. Anywhere in the $6-$20 range depending on the seller and buyer unless the minicon market has changed a bunch.

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    sell them to me i'll buy them.

14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    which do you need? i'm gonna go through and sort them out over spring break i think...

15. Lumpy

News Credits:
    well, after all this talk of getting rid of some, i ended up buying two new minicons last night... went out to get ketchup for my mother in law (she made meatloaf!) and found BodyBlock and Makeshift on a single card at Family Dollar, and those two are my favorite from the new minicons, so i had to grab them...

16. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I came into this thread expecting to have the chance to buy a few of the 5 or 6 Japanese exclusive Microns that I need.

But we have very different definitions of "every single minicon".

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i did state that
    sorry man...

i had always intended on buying a bunch of the random japanese repaints, especially of the two sabers, but i never found them for the price i wanted... and now they all seem to go for a ton of money... only japanese set i got was the purple seateam to go with my Micron Legend Shockwave...

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'm looking for the Walmart exclusive repaints (in tins) of the Race Team (the one where the rally car is white).

Plus a few Japanese ones.
    I'd really Like the repaint Adventure team that came out in China but I suppose that's a very unlikely find.

If anyone reading this has that sort of thing for sale.

If anyone's got a random black Dumptruck repaint (from the 12 pack) I need that too - mine is faulty and has a fractured leg - but due to the rarity of the set I didn't want to take it back when the other 11 toys were fine.

I'm also looking for some of the ones sold in 2 packs - especially the minicons sword team painted to look like Thrust, Sunstorm & Ramjet. & the (mostly) Grey (type 1 mold) Emergency team also sold in those twin packs.

I already have the individual Military planes, and the land military types, and the yellow destruction team repaints.

I think aside from those most of my major gaps are the japanese ones.