Should I sell my TF's?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Predastator, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Predastator

Predastator Member

I have a total worth of transformers at $833 usd (used/unboxed price). Should I sell them now or wait until the movie comes out? Would I even get that much more money after the movie? Here's a link. I'm charging $25.00 for the Soundwave Tape Player now so add that into the price on the document. I want to sell them together. After this i'm selling my comics which is worth $300. The rest of my toys and such can go to the kids. I could give a shit anymore about collecting, I'm trying to save for some land to build my house on so hopefully it goes well on eBay in the coming year.

transformers_list.xls

2. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

I sold off my entire collection (except my Alts and two or three choice faves) to BBTS's vitage department and never regretted it.

You may want to get in touch with them.

BTW, I'm gonna get all anal here, your post strikes me as a thinly veiled attempt to advertise your sale in the GD by posting it as a question. You seem to have already decided to sell. I think this belongs in the Junkion Exchange.

3. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

You shouldn't sell them. You should just give them to me.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Hey!!! The guy wants to make money here... just buy them off of him if you want any.

Besides... I'd like to get Soundwave and any others that I wouldn't mind adding to my collection.

5. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

His list doesn't work.

So he should at least give me one for free. ;) 

6. supernaut7430

supernaut7430 Aerospace Commander

Unless you REALLY need the money, you shouldn't sell them. If I were to sell mine I know I would regret it later. I did something similar when I sold off my Star Wars collection, I got about 600 bucks for it but a few weeks later I was really bummed that I did it and it killed my desire to purchase SW stuff in the future. Hold on to 'em.

7. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's sounds like he's made up his mind about selling, it's just seems like a question of when.

8. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    I sold my entire collection about 3 years ago. I realized how much money was sitting on my shelves, so I cashed in. STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!! I regret it every single freaking day! Just the thought of replacing all of those Transformers made me not want to collect anymore. So I just started rebuilding 6 months ago. It sucks. There's so many new things coming out that I have to wait on because I'm buying G1, or vice versa. Unless you know for 100% that you won't regret it, don't do it.

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I think that you have the right idea. I don't have much in the way of a Gen1 collection, but even if I were to sell my entire collection it would amount to somthing. That being said I don't collect for the money. I collect for fun and if I sold anything I would regret it. I bought them for some reason.

10. Emperor Prime

Emperor Prime Banned

I could never part with my TF's

11. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

i lost mine in a fire... ill tell you its hard to replace loved bots when ya get bitten by the bug again.... so think it through..

12. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Do what makes sense for you. I can't stand the thought of parting with my collection, but, when I think of some of the other things that I could do with the money (by selling what I have and abstaining from future TF purchases) it makes the thought of getting out of it easier to stomach. Getting some land to build a house is a big step that can take a lot of $$. If you really need the money, I say do it.

13. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

The answer is no. NO.

14. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I have some pretty valuable TFs in my collection (Liokaiser MISB, Overlord MIB, Grimlock MIB, Shockwave MIB) that I can get decent money for but I don't plan on selling any of them. I will sell the Armada and few other toys that I don't care for and free up some space in my closet but that's about it.

15. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i'd sell all the ones that were merely part of a collection, and keep the ones you like. thats what i did, and why i only have like 30 now. and yes, wait till after the movie.

16. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

id wait and make sure you are ready to part with em

17. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I sold off the bulk of my collection a few months back due to financial problems, and it still hurts. Not as much as it did, but it still hurts. There's a few I once had that I'd LOVE to have back again, but it's not like I can just go and buy them again that easily.

18. Predastator

Predastator Member

This sounds like a good plan. None of them I attempted to collect except for Devastator(G2) cause I could never find G1 of him. They're just random gifts or from my parents when I begged them for a toy.

The Dinobots(G1), Soundwave(G1), Thrust(G1), Devastator(G2), and OP(G2) seem like the only ones I would regret. Other than that I don't really care. I might just forget about eBay and try a convention after the movie comes out. I'm more into the art and myth of TF anymore. I forgot to mention that none of them are in the box. Some have very, very minor damage, like stickers coming off or a slight scratch cause I played with them when i was a kid. There is no discoloration on any of them. Once I stopped playing with them I treated them like gold, so they're still in good condition. Here's the list since Tripod's being a fuck tard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/HuLkSMASH/tflist.jpg