should I return this toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by hulk23869, Feb 26, 2010.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

I recenly bought a 6 inch titanium diecast cheetor figure from ebay for 22.50 and free shipping. The seller listed it as 100% complete and mint. When I recieved the figure, there are pen marks all over the stand of the figure, cause these titanium diecast figure line came with bases in which the figure stands on, well the base has all these pen marks on it and one of cheetor's weapons has one pen mark on it. Should I return it, or keep it? The only other cheetor/titanium on ebay is for 55 bucks. Anyone know how much these are worth roughly?

2. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

Q: Anyone know how much these are worth roughly?
    A: fuck all.

Q: should I return this toy?
    A: yes

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Or at least file a paypal dispute for "not as described".

4. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'd set it on fire if I were you.

5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this, if your brave enough, try removing the marks and see if your happy with it..either way, take pictures to prove how it came and how its not a described

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I liked that Cheetor. The best toy that character ever got IMO.

7. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Silly question time: Does rubbing alcohol work on pen marks?

If you could get them off without damaging the paint, i'd do that... and maybe leave appropriate feedback.

8. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Good toy, but I think you paid too much for a loose one. If it has pen marks then you should return it.

9. just1nj

just1nj NERD GAZETTE

Just file a claim on eBay or PayPal. They take real good care of buyers these days.

10. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

yup. this would be the best way to go. paypal sides with the buyer most of the time so as long as you can prove that the item you got isn't "mint", you should get your money back.

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...and completely screw over the seller. Is this not the right thread for that comment?

Check the pictures carefully. You may go back and see the marks on the toy the second time. It's happened to me before.

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Contact the buyer requesting a refund and on Paypal (not eBay) start a dispute. Take lots of photos and outline everything wrong with the item. If he is not responding to you after a few days, escalate it to a claim and let Paypal deal with it. If he claimed the item to be "mint" and it arrives with all kinds of pen marks on it, the item is very clearly not as described. It is sellers like this guy that make all the good sellers on eBay suffer.

Whenever I sell anything I make sure I put any problems with the figure in the auction, from missing accessories, to sloppy paint apps and loose joints, so that I don't get screwed in the end.

13. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

we were all thinkin' it

14. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

Don't go straight to a dispute on Paypal/Ebay. Contact the seller first to see if you both can work it out. Only file a dispute if he is unresponsive.

Don't just jump the gun like some are suggesting here...

I've contacted sellers a few times when a G1 didn't arrive as described and we worked it out either by a refund or partial refund. You may get a partial refund and you may be able to remove the pen marks yourself. A partial refund would reimburse you for your time removing the pen marks.

The magic eraser works great for something like this. Just test it out first in an inconspicuous area to ensure it doesn't change the sheen of the plastic too much first.

15. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How is it screwing the seller over if the dude inaccurately described the item? There is a big difference between mint condition and having pen ink all over a figure.It is easy to say, well you should look at the picture or maybe you should have asked the seller every little detail about the figure, but I know the last question I would ask is "Hey, did you ever draw all over the figure with a pen ?"

Ebay has gotten really shitty for sellers but don't blame the buyers, blame the shitty sellers that ruin it for everyone.

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woah big fella. I never said the seller wasn't to blame. Simply that he MAY not be to blame. This could be a matter of buying something without CLOSELY examining the pictures. Maybe the seller has no clue what this item is and THOUGHT is was SUPPOSED to look that way. Who knows? It's all conjecture. But regardless of all of that typing, Ebay 100% backs the buyer and rarely, if ever, sides with the seller. Which is ironic since the sellers pay all of Ebay's fees. If the buyer paid part of the fees (buyer's premium, like a REAL auction) maybe this wouldn't be the case.

17. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fair enough, but personally when I sell something, I take full responsibility for it and I always work it out with the buyer.

My biggest tips for sellers are:

-Always take good photos.
    -Always give a detailed description in your auction, even if the details seem mundane. You never know what strange hang ups buyers have.
    -Be clear about your return policy.
    -The biggest one, never spend the money or take it out of your account until you know the person has received the item and is happy. I have seen way too many people blow the money from their sales and when a problem pops up, they are unable to give the money back and it really causes chaos for them.
    -Never ship without tracking and confirmation. This is your proof to Paypal that you have sent the item.

There are a lot of messed up people out there on both sides trying to rip people off constantly. Spending an extra 30 cents on a photo or an extra 5 minutes on a description can really save your ass when you need it, just like taking the time to read an auction description, looking at all the photos and checking a persons feedback can really help a buyer out.

18. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    THIS!

19. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. If its not in the condition that the seller advertised it as, then it's the sellers fault. Always ask the seller questions when it is something outside of a sealed package.

Personal story: Odered a g1 repaint of movie jazz. MISB, the seller put it in a bubble envelope stamped handle with care, fragile, etc but the postman crammed it into the mailbox. I did not file a complaint with the seller because I deemed it was the postman's fault it was damaged. If it had been a store, i would have sent it back, but since it was an individual, i decided to eat the cost and thatthat if I ever bought from a non-store entity I would ask that special care be made in packaging. I buy mostly from stores now for that reason.

20. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Holy shit!! Keep it!! Do you know what that is?? That there my friend is the rare Gobot Cheeta. Pen marks or not, you struck GOLD!!

YouTube - Gobot Cheeta