Should i, or shouldnt i?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pepsiman98, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

i found a really great auction for an amada powerlinx prime, 90% complete.(just missing the antlers, a scaffold, and mini-con.) would buying this harm me in my collecting enough money to buy shadow commander+nemesis? is it worth the lights,sounds,elecs,and bonus dvd?

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Dude... save your money for Shadow Commander and Nemesis Prime. Armada Optimus Prime is alright, but no where near as cool. Not to mention his Powerlinx/Final Battle colors aren't the greatest IMPO.

3. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    shadow commander
    nuff said

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    your better off with getting Shadow Commander Armada Prime is a brick with trailer/jet pants

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I must be psychic, I was already thinking "no" before I clicked on the thread. Don't buy it, it's utter crap. The minicon is the best part, confirming my theory that the better the minicon, the worse the bulk. Hot Shot is further proof of this.

6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah he's not that great. Especially with the parts missing he'll do nothing but take up your space (which he does well, sadly). If you want the character in the dark colour scheme, Armada Nemesis Prime is a great toy :) 

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah was dusting down shelves earlier and Armada Prime was eating up a ton of space.

90% complete is just a pain to get the other 10% on. Unless we're talking $5 or so, hang fire and wait for another complete one to come along. He shouldn't cost more than retail price boxed, in my opinion, and you should be able to find a good loose one all complete at around $20 I'd imagine.

That is all I'd be willing to pay out. He's not an amazing toy and the final battle colors are less appealing than the original ones in my opinion.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    shadow commander, but i LOVE my powerlinx armada prime, that one of the funnest primes ever...heck that trailer could autotransform, THAT was cool lol he is a great prime and i wish more people would appreciate him.....but most don't :lol  oh well get shadow commander cause that armor is BEAUTIFUL and the classic prime mold is one of the top prime molds of all time

9. Pepsiman98

well guys, no one's bid on it yet, so its 8 bucks right now. wont take that much out of my wallet.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It's not worth it... think about it... you'll have to track down the missing parts and it'll probably end up costing you more in the long run because of it. If you really absolutely have to have one get a loose complete one. Should be able to pick one of those up for around $20 USD.

11. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because it is only $8 think about shipping as well. I say save for Shadow Commander. Too cool to pass up.

12. Pepsiman98

i meant 1.95+7.00 shipping but i probably should save for a shadow commander.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Buy Shadow Commander, man.

14. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Armada Prime isn't worth buying I'll be honest, not even for $8, Jetfire was a letdown and Overload is nice by himself. If you have Bendy Prime you have the best version of him frm that line.

I got the City commander armour and the Shadow Commander looks awesome! Well worth saving for.

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I got a lot that included three Armada Primes... only one was complete.

He's fun to transform, like I've found the other Armada molds I have (Hot Shot, Cybertron Blurr and Runamuck, and Wheeljack), but all in all, is kinda lacking. I have the City Commander set, though, and that is AWESOME. Get your Shadow Commander, worry about Armada Prime later. He's kinda fun, kinda neat, but the * Commander set is just so much better and much more worth your money.