Should I open my Titaniums?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by simplygriff, Nov 14, 2008.

1. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    I never ask these kinds of questions but I'm torn...

I have a pretty decent collection of Titaniums MISB. They can be seen here.

[​IMG]

The ones at the bottom are Scourge, War Within Prime and Uh... I guess he's a G2 Megatron. The tank one. Anywho... Should I open these guys? I'm gonna display them in bot mode so that's why I never opened them but I'm trying to find some space. Help me out!!
    -G

2. cwbest78

cwbest78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm not by an means a MISB'er type of guy, but owning titaniums myself and knowing that you will just display them in bot mode, I would keep them in the box. They will be less prone to get floppy and they display nicely. Plus you can stack away :) .

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, they need the twist ties to keep them standing up. . .

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had all of the ones you have. I opened them all and honestly, I regret it, and this is coming from a person who opens all of his toys. I ended up selling all of them except for the Fallen. They are not fun toys by any means. They fall apart easily, are prone to paint chipping and half of them can't even stand that good.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I'd just leave them sealed. Once you open them you'll realize how crappy they really are. Just leave them alone.

6. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Well that settles it... Sealed they stay! Thanks guys!
    -G

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd open Scourge and Thundercracker. They have the best alt modes of the bunch, very sleek and fast-looking pair of alien jets, Scourge especially.

I have them all and have opened them. It's not like any sealed Titaniums are going to hit triple-digit value.

8. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Scourge, Thundercracker, and the Fallen are definitely ones you should open as they're a lot of fun to play with and solid toys. Jetfire is alright but he likes to come apart at the waist (at least mine does) very easily and his alt mode isn't that great, so he's not as fun to mess with. Prime, Megs and Soundwave are so absolutley terrible that opening them will probably only bring sadness.

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Titaniums are the worst purchases I've ever made, and I'm not a completist. I've got five left to sell that are sealed before I am freed of their presence. They literally are anchor weights with nothing at all fun about them.

10. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd better be a lone voice and stick up for these guys then. As display pieces, I like them a lot. And given that I'm 28, I look for "displayability" above "playability" these days.

I only have two Titaniums - RID Prime and G1 Magnus - and they're great. I recommend opening them - they look decent, and come with personalised stands which I've always had a soft spot for.

11. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    for them i say keep them moc. as i wish i kept mine moc.

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Open them all except GI JOE Megatron, he's utter crap.

13. sithlord9849

sithlord9849 Well-Known Member

I just decidied to open all of mine... I really wish i hadn't. There all pretty much crap. Transformations are easy and their alt modes look horrible. They only look good in robot mode so I'd say keep em locked up in their boxes.

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I don't own any, but judging from what I've heard only The Fallen is a stable toy, all others fall apart, most infamously GIJOE Megs.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I'd open WW Prime & WW Megatron and put them on their own display shelf somewhere.

Open G1 Scourge and throw him into your Classics/Universe collection since it fits in VERY well, especially now that Galvatron & Cyclonus are apart of the mix.

I'd only open WW Thundercracker & WW Starscream if you plan to get WW Skywarp as well so that you have a nice display of the original trio in the Cybertronian forms. Or then again, all 3 would look pretty cool in a MISB display as well, so it's your call.

I'd leave WW Jetfire & WW The Fallen MISB since they don't really add anything to any collection, and I'd just bury & forget about G1 Diaperwave & GI Joe Megatron altogether.

My two cents.

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Why does everyone say Scourge fits in perfectly with classics. He does not. He looks like shit standing next to them.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    It's just a matter of opinion. I think he does the trick, but would gladly throw him in a box for better Universe version.

18. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Meh...I guess you're right. And he is better than the original.
    Its just that I see him and see a big missed opportunity. I've always wanted a cartoon accurate Cyclonus and Scourge. We got one... lets get the other Hasbro.