Should I let someone from Mexico bid on my auctions?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Prozak, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Prozak

Prozak Well-Known Member

I have several transformers listed on ebay right now that consist of TRU reissues and takara reissues. He wants to bid on several of them, and assuming he wins them all the total will be about 400-500, that's what I'm guessing it will be based on what these usually go for.

He plans on paying with paypal and is from Mexico which means that paypal won't offer me seller protection and he told me he'll be paying with an AMEX CC. He has 100% postive feedback on 25 transactions. The transactions are too old for me to see what he bought, but they all say good things about him.

So what do you guy think I should do?

2. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I've never bought or sold anything from Mexico. I did purchase items from Brazil and Argentina and they both went smooth. If he had current transactions, I'd say go for it, but I just don't know. Maybe check his Paypal rating and see if there has been any other recent activity on his Paypal account, how long he has been a member, and if he is verified. You can do this by finding out his Paypal ID and going into send payment. If that checks out, I'd probably do it, but it's your call. Another thing I'd check into is shipping cost. It seems items shipping FROM Mexico is really expensive

3. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yes.

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't see why not. Just make sure you have this fully insured.

5. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I just thought of it. I would do it, but I'd only ship it international express mail through the US post office. I believe it automatically comes with $500 insurance.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, go for it, but only offer him EMS (Express Mail Service) shipping if you're that worried about it. Not to mention EMS is insured higher the GPM (Global Priority Mail).

7. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    So basically Paypal won't protect you if he's using a stolen credit card and the credit card company does a chargeback afterward? I think if he has 25 transactionswith 100% positive feedback, then the chances of this are pretty low. Especially since they're just Takara and Hasbro reissues. If you were a thief with a stolen credit card wouldn't you go for some higher value stuff?

8. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I don't see the harm in it - just use EMS for shipping and be very firm about that.