Should I hold my breath for a re-release of Classics Voyager Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shinobi Rendar, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm on the edge of getting a Classics/ Henkei Optimus Prime, but since classics BB is getting a re-release under the reveal the shield line, I wonder if there's a chance of getting Voyager Prime again?

I mainly holding myself because I don't love the paint scheme (damn yellow!) of the original one and if he gets re-released he may get a better paint scheme. I'm actually considering getting my first Henkei since it looks so much better than the classics one.

So the questions is: Should I buy or wait?

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just get the Classics version. I wouldn't pay over $20.

3. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Get the Henkei.

With the re-release, it ain't that expensive as before & not forgetting that you've got those chromed grills on him. :thumbs2: 

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You have waited long enough, the mold is 4 years old now. Buy the Henkei version and enjoy.

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Yes. And after you pass out you might have a vision of owning it.

6. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Thanks guys! I think I'm gonna go with Henkei.

It would be great if some of the first classics get re-released in some manner, like the hot rod/ cyclonus 2-pack.

7. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

Some of the re-releases have suffered from quality issues. I'm no expert on molds, but that classics prime mold has been re-used so many times now, I'd probably look for an original henkei or rid version rather than waiting for a shoddy re-release.

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That sounds awfully cheap. Your talking about the voyager mold right? Not the one that came with the 2-pack with Megatron.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Normally, I would be inclined to say that we will definitely see a release of this mold, what with Megs getting a recolour for United and Bumblebee being re-relesed in RTS. However, that theory is blown out of the water when you consider that we WILL be getting a Prime as part of the modern lines due to G2 Prime. IMO This seriously reduces our chances of the voyager mold coming back any time soon.

In summary - get Henkei! :D 

10. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

I'd wait, United is already getting a Megatron re-release with new colours. Prime may get the same treatment. Plus those toys aren't going anywhere in the secondary market. Won't be as hot as Magnus or Hot Rod for their FP upgrades.

11. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hmmm..

Looking at Completed auctions on Evilbay, Classics prime is selling at around $30, and Henkei Prime for around $40-$45. My advice to you is get the classics, and the upgrade set from Reprolabels for $14........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not quite the same as Henkei, but it looks damn good to me....

12. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

Henkei Op got a re-release while Megs finally gets a re-release with United. I wouldn't count on another re-release of Op.

I think you waited way too long because the MISB Henkei re-release of Op was going for as low as $39 just a few months ago

13. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    buy the henkei now

14. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I guess the re-release seems more unlikely since the mold has been used so many times, plus mold degradation been another issue.

That's a great option and it looks great. But personally stickers themselves are a turn-off and so is the price for them.

Yep waited way too long lol . I just got back to collecting this year. The last time I bought anything was since R.I.D. so I basically missed all classics and universe and now I'm playing catch-up.

I think I made up my mind and going with Henkei! Even though I stay away from Takara releases for their price and the chrome, which I really dislike, but somehow Henkei pulls it off very well. Thanks again for the input guys

15. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    At those prices you're better off getting the Henkei version.

paint apps > stickers

16. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I would just buy either a classics prime or henkei prime. If you can't find a deal on this site or ebay, bbts.com has henkei prime for $56 not including shipping. That is a discount price for Black friday that ends Monday afternoon. I believe hasbro and takara only re-released rodimus was because of the protector set and how much demand there was for them to re-release ultra magnus when the city commander set was out. Also, bumblebee was probably remade just because he is bumblebee.

17. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Keep in mind the upgrade set has stickers for Prime, Bluestreak, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Sideswipe,AND Grimlock. $14 doesn't sound so bad now?

18. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    No, Hasbro didn't release a new version of Rodimus just because of the Protector armor. Hasbro couldn't care less about third party add ons. Just because deman seems high in the collectors market doesn't mean it really is. The collectors market isn't as big as you might think. Hasbro and Takara will never rerelease something we ask them to just so we can buy an add on set for it.

To me it does. I just prefer paint apps. But stickers aren't bad, especially when they're not too noticeable like the set made for City Commander.

I have both Clasdics and Henkei Prime. The Henkei one is that much better. The chrome actually makes sense. The colors are a bit different but are very noticeable. It's just like that Henkei Rodimus in the picture you posted. That thing is beautiful compared to my shitty Classics version. The extra money on the Henkei version is worth it.