Should I go see DOTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Grandum, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hated the movie asthetics of the first movie so much that I didn't go see it, I did download it though and was utterly dissapointed in that for the first hour or so of the movie I had not heard a bot speak (apart from in the intro)

I thought it was a bad movie in that it didn't have any characterization to speak of, and was just in a bad mood over the fact that I wanted to see Transformers and then hardly have it being about transformers, but more so the US army and a boy and his car.

The second movie was about as disappointing as the first one, (saw it on youtube :p ) I didn't like the bad jokes and it still had very little characterization of the actual bots, and again way too much focus on Shia and the US army...and the script was lousy to boot.

Now I'm more to terms with the movie asthetics. They're not for me, but I don't hate them passionatly anymore and I am on the fence if I should go see it or not. Pretty much all the reviews I've read/watched say that the 3d is beautiful and that the movie has more plot than the others (even though aparantly the first half of the movies plot doesn't tie in with the second half?) It's aparantly still riddled with childish jokes and slapstick, but I guess I could forgive that if they tie it in nicely...so yeah...

for someone who values plot, character development, and g1, is this a movie you would recomend or should I just not bother?

please state why you would recomend me going to see it.

2. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Avoid it like the plague. It has little to none of what your looking for.

If you want Big Boombasa guns and killing sure.

3. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    It has a good plot, lots of cool characters and the graphics are near perfect

4. Hines1986

Hines1986 Active Member

News Credits:
    That's your problem watch any of these three movies in hd and not on a computer screen

5. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

It has a lot more robot characterization this time around, and we see a lot more bot on bot action. Also, the human scenes are a lot more entertaining now, even though in almost every scene a robot is involved somehow.

Good enough? If so, SEE IT.

6. Sideswipe94

Sideswipe94 Autobot

News Credits:
    Films are always better in cinemas IMO. You watched ROTF on youtube and TF1 you downloaded it. DOTM might not be a great transformers movie for you, but maybe a decent movie as a whole. Give it a chance. I very much enjoyed it :) .

7. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

This taken out of context is so very wrong.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

If you're looking for characterization, DOTM is your pick.
    The plot is also very well wrapped up, it has even some twists on it, I recommend you.

The jokes are much funnier than the other movies, and the action here is better.

9. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

I recommend seeing it . It has a solid plot with cool characters and has G1 references sprinkled throughout.They're mainly from "Megatron's master plan" and "The Ultimate Doom" Although I think the movie is better if you praise it's strenghts and not it's weaknesses.

10. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

:lolol 

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

You get plot (in fact the plot literally could not be more G1 - it is practically lifted straight out of 2 episodes of the cartoon), characterization (you care about what happens to the robots) plus 90% less toilet humour than the first 2 movies with a buttload of epic action.

So I would say definitely don't see it as you will probably find some way to detract from the experience. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED it as I was able to appreciate everything that's good about it, but it seems very obvious to me that you are incapable of doing so. My advice would be to go back and watch the '86 movie instead.

"watched it on youtube" indeed... :rolleyes2 

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Don't listen to people who enjoyed ROTF. DOTM was basically the same thing.

13. wowzers

wowzers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i enjoyed it very much so i say go see it if u want a good time at the movies

14. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Tell ya what....if you're not sure you want to see it,I'll go and see it again for you.That's how much I liked it.

....and I'm leaving for the theater right now.

15. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

No it's not. DOTM may not be perfect in terms of editing and pacing, but it's miles above ROTF. It's more cohesive, stuff doesn't just happen for the sake of it (at least there's a reason) and characterizations for both humans and robots are better.

16. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Really? Could have fooled me. What was the point and reason behind Sam and the whole new job BS???????? What was the point of Wang?????? Why in the f*ck was Optimus dangling in some wires which he should of easily gotten out of. I thought there were too many humans in this, and no where near enough quality robot times. Biggest thing, after the base is attacked and we find out the shocker, instead of get down into the nitty gritty, we have Sam running home to his parents and crying about his girlfriend, which was totally inappropriate.

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

If you didn't understand the point of Wang, then you need to watch the bloody movie again.

18. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Go see it. The plot is a good transformers plot. The 3D is great. Sentinel Prime is awesome. That should be enough to force you to go see it.

19. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Well, there are also alot of folks who didn't enjoy ROTF, but liked DOTM.

20. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Does a bear shit in the woods?

The answer is yes. Go see DOTM. It's aight.