Should I get Takara or Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shizuka, May 3, 2010.

1. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

...look in the sales/trade thread. I almost bought a MISB one for $90 two weeks ago.

And a week before that a loose, but complete, one sold for $70 shipped.

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats what I was going to say. I wanted to buy a Hasbro MP Prime but everyone wanted 90+ for it. So I said screw that and just brought MP-04 because I wanted the trailer.

Your going to want the trailer anyway, so why spend 90+ for prime and THEN spend what 100 bucks on a KO Trailer? your getting screwed.

3. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    Sorry for going offtopic, I have both the MP-1 and MP-4 original releases but their still unopened and MIB. And this is the first I've heard of this. I've searched in the forum but found nothing regarding this quality issue from MP-1 to MP-4. This probably have been discussed in the past but can someone be kind enough to confirm this... Thanks

I know that I bought the MP-4 because it was complete with the trailer. Looking at several reviews the MP-4 trailer proportions are off compared to the Prime, its just short. The Dalianjj trailer looks about to be the best so far but the Igear one thats coming out soon looks like its going to top that off.

As for which one to buy, I would suggest buying the Takara MP-4 if you want to keep it in the box and if an official release matters to you. If you want to display it and/or play with it, the best would be to get a Takara MP-1 or the Hasbro 20th anniversary one and just get the longer stacks. Then buy the Igear trailer or the Dalianjj trailer if you can find it... hope this helps.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Takara version is the best IMO. I have MP-01 and the JustItoys Trailer since the were released. Never bothered with MP-04 since I already have the other. The Justitoys trailer is good enough for me, just just sits there anyway.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I have both and LOVE the MP-04 much better. Toy Arena has it with the trailer for $200.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I'd get the Hasbro version, as it's much cheaper.