Should I Get it?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimusfiretruck, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Optimusfiretruck

Optimusfiretruck Decepitcon Squad Leader

OK just wanted to get some opinons from people that have this toy. MasterPiece Prime. I have the Orginal 20th Anv. Prime and bought the JustItoys.hk trailer. Also I have the DvD Prime that stands in bot mode on his base. I am not Interested in the Hybrid cause next to these guys to I have G1 Prime. But the MP Prime Is it worth the get if I already have both Hasbro versions?

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    MP Convoy in my opinion is the best of the three... but if you already own two versions of it, a third's not going to help much, save your money and stick with what you have.

And about Hybrid... you're missing out on one of the best Primes produced ever, second only to MP Prime and even then I'd have trouble picking between the two.

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's all up to you. I had the 20th Op first, then I bought MP-01, then I bought MP-04.

MP-01 was purchased to keep sealed and I got it signed by Peter Cullen.

MP-04, well I guess I am just a sucker there.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Damnit, I keep reading that and really want to know firsthand what all the positive hype is about. I was seconds away from ordering it through TFSource, but when I realized how small it is compared to the price for it, I backed out. And believe me, I spend retarded amounts of money of TF's, but I still can't justify the price for something so small. Yet... hehe.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Nice. If I go to Botcon this year, I plan on getting sigs from Cullen & Welker for my MISB Masterpieces of their characters as well. And yeah, I realize that Welker isn't confirmed to be in the movie (yet!) or that neither of them are actually confirmed or rumored to be at Botcon, but I'm getting ready for it nonetheless, hehe. It WILL happen, oh yes, it will happen.

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It really is a piece you have to handle in person to appreciate. It's just unreal how much it can do and how intricate the detailing is on all aspects of the figure. And yes, the primary figure is small, but keep in mind it comes with the trailer complete with the repair unit and Roller, and he's the only brand new Prime since the original that can boast that.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Hrmm... yeah, maybe I will finally break down and just get it. The fact that he comes with a trailer is nice, but I could care less about Roller. Never liked that drone and am VERY happy they didn't make one to take up space in my MP-04 trailer.

My only other problem with buying this figure is that it's hard for me to have a G1 influenced Prime (MP, Classics, War Within) without a G1 influenced Megatron to go with him. That might sound lame, but it's kind of an important detail for me as a collector who displays this stuff. But who knows, I may still do it anyway.

8. MrBigFeathas

MrBigFeathas My rocket pack?!?

I ordered THS-02 (last Friday) because of the feedback from everyone here. I figured I am paying $16 each for the WST Dinobots...what's another $30 for an awesome Prime figure with trailer (even if he is small). Still anxiously waiting for my shipping confirmation.

I was on the fence about THS-02 since I'm not that big of a Prime fan, but it just looked like too good of a figure to pass up.