Should I get HA Roadbuster or deluxe Roadbuster?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shockwave16, Aug 15, 2012.

?

Who one should I get?

Poll closed Aug 22, 2012.
  1. HA Roadbuster

29 vote(s)
    90.6%
  2. Deluxe Roadbuster

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Shockwave16

Shockwave16 Banned

Which one should I get? My birthdays coming in a few days and i'm getting the last dotm figures I need. So HA roadbuster or deluxe roadbuster?

2. Shockwave16

Shockwave16 Banned

Just noticed I made a mistake on the poll question... :p 

3. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    The HA is a lot nicer, but you could probably get both for around $20, since they're showing up in places like TJ Maxx and Ross.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Both are nice but I like the deluxe a LOT better even if its not weaponized. The HA is just way to fiddly and I don't like the look of the weapons just hanging off the robot mode.

5. s_cren

s_cren Banned

BOTH

i have both lol

6. Shockwave16

Shockwave16 Banned

Is the HA roadbuster's vehicle and robot mode longer and taller then the Deluxe Leadfoot and Topspin?

7. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh yeah, HA's don't scale with deluxes at all. really wish they would have made an HA topspin to complete the trio

8. Shockwave16

Shockwave16 Banned

Yeah, in the movie you can see that Topspin is the tallest, Roadbuster is middle sized, and Leadfoot is the shortest.

9. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

Yeah, the HA's are slightly larger than Voyager figures. I'd get the deluxe so you have a scaled set of all three, if I has to choose between the two.

10. AMG

AMG Old School

HA Roadbuster is a great figure, I'd go for that.

11. Big Dawg

News Credits:
    see I think they screwed it up majorly with these sets- I have deluxe topspin who is weaponized and think he looks really cool, I have the deluxe roadbuster that is non-weaponized and the HA that is weaponized, and think the weaponized looks better, and I only have the HA of leadfoot, who is non weaponized. So really, I have 2 in HA and 2 in deluxe and none match!

12. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the whole deal with one each not being weaponized in each size class is because as part of their licensing deal with nascar, at least one toy of each car had to be the normal stock car, and they didn't make every wrecker of just one size class be stock was so anyone that just bought them in one class didn't get the shaft.

13. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HA. The deluxe is kinda blah

14. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HA is a must have if you collect HA (but it sounds like you don't). If you care at all about scale HA figures are way to big to go with deluxe figures.

The deluxe is fine, but not even close to must have (even though his bot mode is probably slightly superior to the HA). Still the HA is the better toy without question. The car mode is great!

15. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    Depends on the scale of your collection, really. If you collect the HA figures, then HA Roadbuster. If you collect the Autobot cars as deluxes, trucks/vans as voyager, and Leaders as... Leader class then by all means, buy the deluxe. Also, for the deluxe, if you are planning on getting the other wreckers from DOTM or already have them, the deluxe ones make a better team imo. However, If you just want a nice figure to mess around with, I'd say that the HA has an edge.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  16. Big Dawg

News Credits:
    my personal approach to the movie line was get the best version of each of the on screen figures. Most times that included human alliance and leaders, but in some cases it involved the voyager (movie 1 megatron, legends wheelie). Doesn't always lend itself to scaling (thanks Blackout) but makes me happy.

17. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    Neither. HA has funky arms and proportions, Deluxe is a big shell. I immediately regretted my HA purchase..

18. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thread necromancy!

Recently completed a set of DotM Wreckers. I already had HA Leadfoot and HA Roadbuster, but something gave me the urge to pick up deluxe Topspin and Roadbuster.

I like the deluxe Roadbuster far more than the HA. The HA has the weaponized alt mode, granted, which is much better than the plane Jane deluxe's non-weaponized mode. However, as far as bot mode is concerned, the deluxe just feels a lot more cohesive instead of saddled with gimmicks that just aren't near as flush with the figure as I would like. On the HA, I never cared for the flame thrower; it looked like an afterthought. The HA shoulder missile assemblies don't really have a satisfying position, and the HA mid-section/abdomen is kind of, well, missing. In contrast, the deluxe feels more humanoid, which is what I prefer. Although the car cape it wears might be a bit much, I admit.

Btw, while I do really like HA Leadfoot, I'd really like to have the deluxe to properly complete the set. The color arrangement on the three really looks nice when they're all together.