Should i get further into Marvel Legends??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Orion P, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

I first got interested just to collect the IronMan figures but WarMachine is in the Galactus set so i wanna get all of them to finsh Galactus. But then Prof. X and Nightcrawler come so i wanna get the rest of the X-Men and the Avengers and then get Sentinel and Apocolypse. *Sighs* What do you guys think i should do? I'm stuck :banghead: 

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just get the figures you are interested in...avoid the trap of the "get-them-all" mentality if you are afraid you may overspend.

3. coffeeg0dd

coffeeg0dd Lurker

Stay away...do not pick any marvel legends up if you like money! I avoided them years and i finally caved and picked up 2 at a con in april...I have 27 and counting as we speak and this is in a country thats only seen 5 series in total..they are like some kind of horrible plastic crack ..stay away..learn from my mistakes.....BEWARE!!!

4. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got caught up in the frenzy of buying them all too recently and now I find myself not caring for the majority of them. The larger build-a-figures like Giant-Man, Apocalypse & the Sentinel are great...but I'm sticking with buying the last few pieces I need off eBay instead of tracking down the figures that the pieces came with. In fact, I'm selling/trading off my unwanted MLs since all I really care to keep are the various Avengers characters...

5. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I'm with the others that have posted in here already. I started out with just the Xmen, then I got Galactus, so I had to get a Silver Surfer to go along with him. Then I got Onslaught, which included Blackheart, so I had to get a Ghost Rider, and so on and so forth. I feel your pain. The good part is, I'll have all the Xmen SOON!!! (except for the super rare chases)

Hello, my name is NotFastEnuff, and I'm a plastic crack addict.

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Go for it, you can get all of wave 13 (not including variants) at BBST for $50, that’s cheaper then some of the bigger Transformers.

7. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

Turn back and run now!!!!!

I started with just collecting X-men Marvel legends. and then moved on to the rest of the marvel Universe (that I liked).

Long story short, you will get hooked. So if you want to save money stop now. But they are great figures so it's not a bad series to collect.

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, the common theme here is just buy the characters you like. Alot of us have fallen for the "got to get them all" mindset.

9. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I was getting into that whole "gotta get them all" mind set, I dont know what stopped me from doing it though. Lately. Ive only been getting the figures that I really REALLY like. get the ones you like. forget the rest.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They are an addictive trap I tell ya.. I got into them a few years ago. I passed till about wave 7.. Then I got a few.. then I just exploded on getting them all. Look in my sig to see how many I have. I also have a bunch of Spiderman Classics figures. They are basically Marvel Legends.

Flee while you still can..

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Get the figures you like the best. Save your money for the Piranacon I have save for you. :) 

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

You're screwed :lol 

Look foward to seeing your big ML collection by next year :) 

13. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a huge fan of the figures, but have managed to resist them, for the most part. I did ge an Affleckdevil for $2, and I found a Taskmaster at regular price that wound up in my house, but that's it. I can see their addictive lure, and stay away. Though if I happened to see another Hawkeye...

-Tony!

14. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Like others said don't get into it if you don't have the budget. They are very addictive and you'll find yourself getting up at early morning to check out local Walmart for their exclusive wave (like yours truly). Marvel Legends is a great line and you definitely can't buy just one. Right now I am in the process of opening all of them up (around 60 or so) so I can have room to put stuff in my closet. They are literally blocking my way to the clothes right now. Spider Man Classics is another great line to get. I got Sandman and Hobgoblin recently and I may start buying other spiderman foes. Yikes.

15. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

It all depends if your ready and willing to spend, i got in that trap after getting The spiderman classics, then the legneds came out and i had the first 4 sets, but i was collecting far more lines too. So money and space became the issuse and what i wanted more. Transformers won for me, so i sold off about 90% of my other collect. So now the only Legend figs i want now is Closussus and Wolverine.

16. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Get what you like. I've strong enough to stick to just the X-men figures while being tempted by the others. The one exception has been ML13 and the Wal-mart figures. I originally just wanted the X-men from that line but I somehow managed to get an entire Giant Man. I fully plan to get rid of him of him and the figures I don't want though.

As for other BAFs I usually keep the fig and sell the parts so that I'm not tempted to build them.

17. Orion P

ok i caved today. i bought all of the Apocolypse line and also WonderMan, Ultron, and Black Panther. so now i have 11 and Apocolypse :p 

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Congrats on your haul, dude. All I need is Mephisto (coming out in the Marvel Select line) and the Inhumans (who are yet to be produced).

19. Orion P

is 120.00 for the 10 GiantMan figures MOSC cheap??

20. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

My god. I have been with them since series 1 and am addicted like a junkie on crack. And with the BAFs, I can't stand having only "parts" so Iend up getting them all. I curse ToyBiz and Marvel for this and will never forgive them for the hell they have wreaked on my wallet.