Should I get Alternity Megatron if. . .

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by videriant, Jul 25, 2009.

1. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got Alternity Black Convoy. I like his colors better then the silver and red. I just think of it as a general transformer, not an "Optimus".

I like the figure but I'm not blown away by it for the $50 price tag. Also worried about parts breaking. Based on this, should I get an Alternity Megatron.

And if I don't need the figure to be a "Megatron" does the blue one look better? Should I wait for the black one. Will it look weird having two black robots together? Thanks.

And if I get the blue one, should I wait for it to go on sale? It doesn't look like the silver convoy has gone on sale. . .

2. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Alternity Megatron is a lot better looking. Get the silver one.

3. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    double post

4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like my alternity megatron better than convoy (although I really like both).

The silver one looks great! The pictures I've seen of the black one are interesting. Not sure if it's better or worse than silver. I'm going to say silver is probably the way to go if you aren't already in love with black from the released image.

I think this is my favorite megatron toy I've had (megatron isn't necessarily one of my favorite characters in general though).

I'm certainly reading fewer complaints about QC issues on megatron than I have with Prime. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Hope this helps.

5. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you like the prefer one colour over another then follow your instincts.

I preferred silver from the first time i heard of this figure and I'm loving it. It is just a damn cool figure and brings a tonne of badass attitude to my display.

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I tend to think so. I bought both in silver, but Megatron turned out to be more like gunmetal anyway. In my mind, two silver robots work much better together than black robots. I guess because silver is neutral.

I felt both looked silly in bright colors. That's just me.

7. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Scientist

They have Diecast in them, so I would not worry about breakage.

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I actually like the blue Alternity Megatron. It's original, for him.

9. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would wait for the black Megatron to go with your black Convoy. I think it is due out in the fall.

10. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i bought the silver megs and got silver optimus. they both look pretty cool. like nighttrain said, megs is a bit darker.

11. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I bought blue Megatron because I think the silver looks kinda close to each other. Blue is pretty great too, and there's more color in robot mode

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, I'll probably grab one of the mold. When I said I was worried about breaking I was referring to things like the plastic pegs of Convoy's feet.

As far as color, I'm wondering how many people prefer the silver just because it's "Megatron". I personally think the red convoy is the worse of the three but he's a lot harder to find because, hey, it's "Optimus". I'm going to go look up pictures of the black one.

13. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Alternity Megatron is killer, and better than the Alternity Convoy. He's more poseable, dynamic, and can stand flat-footed, he's got a superb and complex transformation, amazing enginering, the samurai-armour style design looks awesome... what's not to like. :) 

I've got the silver blade version, which (much like the red Alternity Convoy) looks so much better than it did in photos, even; and I've pre-ordered the diamond black version - enhances the "samurai"ness even more. First time i've ever felt it worth having two versions of the same figure.

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    ^ I do kinda wish I waited for black Megatron. I may even hold off on Bumblebee/Cliffjumper to see if a black or white or something less primary comes along.

15. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

I was going to get it originally from an online site, then I saw it in person at Comic Con. I didn't realize how small it was. He was selling it for 35, I'm glad I didn't buy it.

16. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly I would not think much about size when your buying a collectable and not something you could say was a kids toy.

IMO I got the Blue Megs and silver prime and they are both awesome. I'd say prime was the cooler tho.

As to the person who says their dies cast so no worries about them breaking... I think that's a fast way to end up with a broken toy they are still mostly plastic and the internal gears can be broken if you force them

17. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I would have jumped all over that price.

18. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed on all 3 points. As for the breakage, even the instruction (Megs) warns to be careful with the brake lamp bits when transforming the legs. I still love them both though :) 

19. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I was a little disappointed with Megatron, tbh. I love the vehicle mode and the gun metal colour. It looks oh so classy.

But the leg transformation ruins the bot mode. I had to check the instructions that I was doing it right, because I was expecting something a lot better. I think Optimus is superior overall. Don't like Megs headsculpt either.

20. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I have Convoy Black and Silver Megs. Megs is pretty cool, but I don't like the hollow legs look from back.

Convoy's head looks better in black. The red Convoy's head looks funny to me with the silver engine thing.