should i get a PT cruiser? (kinda for free)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    ok, so ive got a 98 ford explorer, and i love it, but man, the gas just kills me...so, my parents offered to trade their 2000 (or 01) cruiser with me for the next year and a half, cuz then im moving to colorado and will probably want the explorer....all i have to do is clean the explorer first....so, should i do it? i know itll save me money on gas, but i kinda hate the little buggers...and i love my explorer so much...but i had been thinking of trying to sell it for a more gas efficient car...so, what should i do?

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't do it. I traded my 2003 Mach 1 for a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta and regret it every waking minute. Sure it's easy on the wallet with both insurance and gas, but it's not a Mustang. And as soon as I can get rid of the Jetta, she's a goner.

3. gil

gil Godmaster

Holy shit, I didn't know you got rid of your Mach. Which means I see a Shelby in your future.

BAck on Topic:

Anyway, it dosn't seem like a "trade" to me if your getting your explorer back a year and a half. Your just borrowing the PT, while they borrow your Explorer. And if it's alright to to get back your Explorer in a year and a half, I don't see why you can't get your Explorer back earlier if the PT just sucks for you. But like you said, you don't like the PT so, it's really up to you. I wouldn't use a Kia even if it saved me a shit load of money on Gas.

4. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

From a financial standpoint, sounds like it's a definite yes. And you have the bonus of getting the explorer back in 18 months which isn't really that long of a time from now.

I dread having to get rid of my Land Rover Discovery in the next six months...yay minivan.

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    My father-in law love's his, so why not, go for it.

6. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Why not just get rid of the Explorer and get a new Sports Wagon if you need room.

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    well, my parents dont think ill be able to get enogh money out of the explorer, and i cant afford a new car right now...so, im kinda stuck...im thinking that shortly after i move to CO, i should be able to afford a new car then, so i think i may just take the cruiser and saave some money....i just hate the cruiser cuz everyone and their grandma has one now...its just rediculous..but money is money...and savings on gas will be about 100 or more a month....over 18 months, thats like 1800 at least....

8. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I'd say go for it. I used to hate the PT Cruisers but my friend's brother got one and he loved it, and after riding around in it for awhile I could begin to understand why. Inside is really nice and there is lots of space and the look on the outside may start to grow on you too.

9. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Where in CO?

10. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Yay!!! Your moving near Jux!!

11. Lumpy

News Credits:
    fort collins...arent you up there, and kickback too...or somewhere in CO IIRC

12. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

:peoples: 

Kick is in Ft Collins, I'm about 20 mins away.

13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    ah cool...you guys'll have to tell me about the good comic shops and toy hunting places...eventually...

14. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I say no...partly b/c I hate PT Cruisers as well and would have to seriously consider the idea even if a gun were pointed at my head. But also because of the 'only borrowing' factor. Be one thing if they were just giving you the PT Cruiser and taking the Explorer to do whatever with..b/c then when you're ready you could sell/trade in the PT.

15. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I say yes, who cares what kinda car you have? If it gets you from point A to point B it's all good. Plus you really aren't getting rid of your favorite car, so you can save money. I wish I had that option, it's a b!tch to fill up an F150.

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    it does mean in eed to get new stickers from the bands i have on my e xplorer soi can put them onthe pt....gah...this space ba ris killing me....and a new autobot sticker too....