should i even be trying?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrfang2, Mar 8, 2011.

1. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if i should even be trying to do somthing great anymore. i have millions of great ideas I am half finished writing a TV show pitch, study basic robotics, and have an advanced vocabulary for 13 (compared to the average ghetto kids that go to my school). i would've thought i would be doing just fine but no. every day i'm made fun of. kids hate me since i'm slightly overweight. they throw half eaten toys and pencils at me all day. teachers hate me since i'm normally faster at learning then they think i would be, so i have free time and they think i'm slacking off then them at what they teach. no one listens to me since im a kid. people expect the same effort out of me as out of a teenager but wont let me get a job yet. every freind ive made in the past 3 years was making fun of me behind my back.

so im asking you guys, should i put away the scripts and drafting pencils and put myself on there level, or keep getting made fun of in hopes that my show will go through some day soon? and i can get into a better school

edited since i typed the origional at midnight and it made me sound like a jerk

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Just do what you feel like doing. Who cares what other people think. As long as you are fine with what you are doing, that is all that matters.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe you should continue the scripts, but also grow in other directions.

Go out and get some excercise. Good habits at this point in your life will help you down the road.

Cultivate some humility. The way you come off in your post is that everyone dislikes you because you're better than them at everything, but frankly you come off more like the type who they dislike because he ACTS like he's better than them at everything. The more you can listen and learn from other people, the more well-rounded a person you'll be, which at the very least will improve your writing.

Other than that you sound like pretty much an average nerdy kid. If you're liking what you're doing, keep at it, if you feel it's more of a chore nowadays and isn't making you as happy as it used to, try something new.

4. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

How about humbling yourself. intelligence never trumps life experience. maybe because you are so intelligent, you treat others like they are stupid without even knowing you're doing that. I don't recommend quitting anything you do well. If you're a good writer, run with it. Get outside for at least 1hr. Don't take this the wrong way either.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Learning how to spell and utilizing proper punctuation would probably help.

6. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

It seems like you're trying a bit too hard to be like an adult. Seems like you've got the important stuff down (to the point that your teachers hate you), but you're missing the social aspect, which is vital to a person of your age. Go out and do stupid things like your body wants you to.

7. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

NO! NO! NO! Sorry, got a bit excited there. Never stop being who you are and if you are passionate about doing something productive then go for it. Don't ever let anyone else make you quit. I understand at 13 the smart kids are sometimes targets for "cool" kids.. You'll see in years to come where the so called cool kids end up. It sounds to me like you're a talented young man with a bright mind.. focus on yourself, study hard and work on your craft.. the key to being successful in any kind of artistic endeavor is to NEVER GIVE UP, even when things are tough. Stick it out and you'll get there. You may think it's a long time away but soon enough you'll be out of school and todays worries will be a distant memory.. BUT if you give up on your dreams now you may end up regretting it later in life. Also, so what if your overweight don't ever let that stop you from doing ANYTHING.

8. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    You're at a point in your age where the rest of your generation is trying to prove themselves to each other. As long as you don't become a total social outcast, you'll eventually meet some nice people that'll become great friends. For every person that picks on you (because they want to look cool to people they think are cool), you'll meet someone who goes through the same thing you are.

Don't change yourself for others. If YOU want to be in better shape and maybe more hygenic or approachable, then take the steps, but make sure it's for YOU. I know everyone preaches this kind of crap, but from someone who was picked on a lot growing up, I can tell you it works. Sometimes you just wake up and go "Man, fuck that" and you change it.

Keep your head up and never give up on your dreams in fear of being made fun of. NEVER. You'll spend the rest of your life regretting it.

9. mrfang2

News Credits:

well, i dont try to act like that but i guess i may be in the post, thanks for pointing that out for me, i can try to not sound like that anymore and ill fix the post since i was half asleep while typing

10. mrfang2

News Credits:
    sorry, being typing half asleep at midnight does not help those things, ill go in and fix that

11. mrfang2

News Credits:
    thank you

12. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i do not miss being 13 and at school. most people will tell you when you get past it (college, whatever) people will be a lot more mature (usually). its hard to see now but in 4 years or so it will get much better.

13. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I know the sense of crushing failure you're feeling OP. When I was six, I invented the ball point pen. Then my dad told me it had already been invented. It crushed my spirit forever. :( 

Also, high schoolers are pricks. Nothing else to it. Don't try to keep a low profile, they hunt for that. Instead, hurt them not physically, because they're stronger and fitter than you, but mentally. When they're not looking tear pages from their books, sabotage their goals and aspirations without getting caught.

#get's odd looks#

What? High School is like Vietnam for geeks. Gotta fight like Charlie to survive. Not that I'd advocate the use of punji traps, but you never know, could come in handy.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  14. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I feel all warm and fuzzy now

15. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Never give up your talent. The worst thing you could do is, trying to act like the others, just to make the girls finally like you.

Teenager girls are mostly stupid assholes.

Once people grow up, everything is easier.

If you give up your talent, you will be grownup one day and think why you have dropped your talent and wish you still had it.

If you don't train your talents well enough all the time, you definitely WILL BE in fact some day just as normal as every other guy.

And that sucks.

16. E.Rabbot

E.Rabbot Well-Known Member

Take the Charlie Sheen approach, junior.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think a 13 year old is going to have enough money for that much blow, man.

18. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    An active imagination is extremely important. If you scrap any idea you have you'll regret it. I haven't been bullied, so I don't have any experience with it, but when people say stuff that's mean spirited, put your expanded vocabulary to use and say something back. If these kids are as stupid as you claim, they'll probably just scratch their heads and you can just turn the the table and laugh at them.

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You're 13. Quit worrying about it and just be a damned kid.

All this crap about "don't forget the dream no matter what they say" is a load. More exactly, you don't have to forget it, just don't brag about it and shove it in people's faces. Keep it to yourself until it's time to share and is actually GOOD. Nobody writes anything good at 13 - you simply don't have the life experience.

Give it time. Until then, have fun and quit stressing. Bullies eat stress up like candy.

20. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    And use the shift key in places, dammit.

And on a serious note, you're not going to poop gold until you've eaten enough lead. As a young writer, I had to go through many years of feedback that was the equivalent of throwing my work away. Every single project I tackled was better than the last. It gave me quite a lot to grow into.

Do your time.