Should I end auction early?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ScouserInexile, Sep 20, 2010.

1. ScouserInexile

ScouserInexile New Member

Hi,

I'm hoping someone with a bit of knowledge around the whole Transformers figures thing mught be able to give me a bit of advice.

I found a bag in my loft of all the odds and ends of my old Tranformers toys (I sold off everything that was complete a couple of years ago) and decided to put them on eBay as a job lot, figuring someone might want them for parts or something.

The auction is Here

Almost as soon as I listed them, someone messaged me to ask if I could put a BIN on the auction and offered £25 plus postage if I did. Thing is, my immediate thought is that the guy must be trying it on and they're worth more than that (I'm firmly of the opinion that, if it's too good to be true, then it's not true).

So, what I'm asking of you lot is: is it all worth more than £25 or should I take the money and run?

2. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

well it is a lot of incomplete pieces.but $50 US plus postage does sound like a good deal

3. ScouserInexile

ScouserInexile New Member

For me or for him?

4. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say it's a reasonably good deal for you. As far as I can tell, the most interesting piece might be Thundercracker and the Jetfire / Macross jet body, but to be honest, they really are all lowish grade junkers.
    The loose missiles in the last picture seem to be G1 Slag's missiles (on sprue), a black Seeker gun, G1 Mirage's missile launcher, his sniper rifle and one of G1 Prowl's launchers and two missiles. Also, you have Mirage pictured with G1 Prowl's gun.
    Perhaps you could get just a little more by selling all the parts and bodies apart, but it's going to take a whole lot longer to sell them, and you probably won't be getting that much more than £25.
    Unless anyone else recognizes something really special in these parts, Id say take the £25.

5. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

It's a decent enough deal. The most valuable things in that lot are probably the Macross Vakyrie, Cyclonus, and the Mirage accessories.

6. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Honestly its something you'll have to decide. For that BIN it would be a good deal for him and you may get more if you let the auction finish. There is no guarantee tho.

7. Thonor

Thonor Autosmot

I think you take the 25 pounds. That seems to be a good deal for a bunch of junkers.

8. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you take the £25, I think it's him thats getting the worst part of the deal! This is mainly a bunch of junkers.

Of course, if he's a member here, he may be reading this and have decided that he doesn't want them for £25 now anyway. After all, current bid is only 99p...

9. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I would only do it if you had no watchers or anyone else approached you.

I know that the buyer is interested, but I would be upset if I had watched something even though I don't use the feature.

Expecting to wait 7 days for the thrill of the ineviatable bidding war then it just go away all the sudden.

Still if it is a great deal and no one else has invested time in it you should do it with a clear conscience.

10. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

One could look at it this way. It's a sure 25 now. But if he waits for the auction to end, he could get less. But one never knows, he could get more. It's a tough call really. I would wait till the last few minutes before deciding.