Should I buy....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dilectus, Oct 13, 2008.

1. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

....Titanium Scourge? I understand that there will never be a Scourge in the Classics line, thanks to the Cybertron dragon repaint. I have always neglected the Titanium line because I'm a fan of plastic over the die-cast, but what do you think? Would any of you who own the toy recommend I buy it? Also, please tell me how it compares in size to say, a classics Decepticon seeker?

2. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Size-wise it fits perfectly next to a deluxe class Universe figure.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    There's absolutely nothing preventing Hasbro from making a Scourge for the new Classics line. The Cybertron Scourge repaint isn't being called Scourge in Universe, his name is Bruticus.

Still, Titanium Scourge is a very nice figure that fits in perfectly with the Classic deluxes. In fact, that's where mine is currently standing (although I modded him slightly so that he can have and hold a gun).

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, I don't see how the Bruticus repaint of Cybertron Scourge would stop them from making a G1 Scourge homage in the Universe/25th Ann. line, though I'm not sure if they would make one anyways. If anything the Titanium version of him would be the factor that would stop them from making one. As for whether or not you should buy him, if you want him, get him, if you don't, don't get him. That's really all the advice I can give you.

6. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

Perhaps they changed it recently, but I remember he was previously listed as ULTRA Scourge, thus leading me to believe it WAS G1 Scourge. But that's good (albeit nonsensical) if they changed it to Bruticus. I hope they do make a Classics Scourge, though I'd probably regret buying the Titanium one then.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It was listed as Ultra Scourge in Walmart's computers, but it was more than likely just a place holder name. We've actually seen pictures of it, and have been told that it's Bruticus, which makes sense as the color scheme is a homage to the RID Bruticus toy. Basically there is still a chance we'll see Scourge get a homage at some point. It would make sense to make both of Galvatron's minions now that we have a new mold toy for Galvatron himself. The way some of the bio's are going we could eventually get a little story for certain characters in the Universe line, though from what we currently know Hasbro is currently sticking away from giving Universe any kind of tie-in story line.

8. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who said they'd never make a Classics Scourge? To be honest, I kind of expect it...

9. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    me too..we have galvatron..sure, a real lame small galvatron but still..and we're getting cyclonus..im pretty sure we'd get scourge too..i sincerely hope we do..

10. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was always hoping for a Chromia/Thunderblast repaint.

11. OmegaCarly

OmegaCarly LoL Ravage

Ebay:
    Yes! Buy! Help the US economy by spending money! :)  Tis a great toy!