Should I AFA even thought one of the tapes is broken?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by REMINATOR, Sep 17, 2010.

1. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

If he asks for anything less than 100% back and return the item maybe the seller will listen. He will find some other buyer for it...

But i dont think the seller is even gonna respond if he asks for money back and keeps the item.

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Paypal can get your money back as long as its within the 45 day (is it 45?) period. During that time, open a claim, item not as described, make your case, allow the seller to respond and the seller has 2 options.

1. Refund the money after a return
    2. Refund the money because paypal will side with the buyer anyway because they are just like ebay.

Now, if you sent the money as a gift... you lost. The guy is probably long gone

Send me a PM if you need help with this, I got your back!

3. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

I guess i just assumed they went the gift route also. Seeing as though this was done off ebay.

But your right Chris. I think.... I have never dealt with a paypal claim for a purchase off of ebay.

4. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    That Battle Gaia is worth under USD $800+?! :sly2: 

Wow! Where were you for the last 2 years?

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a few times, its a pain in the ass but the buyer always wins. Selling on ebay is such a risk nowadays because its so easy to get ripped off. Even DC numbers are not enough to win disputes sometimes. Trust me.... I know.... i've had to take a few losses because the buyer would say "Look I never got it". I pretty much gave away Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2:mad  even after the DC said Delivered to their zip code.

Oh well... off subject but i'm surprised nobody has created another online auction site to compete with ebay. What is everyone waiting for?

6. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

REMINATOR.....I am definitely not trying to be a bearer of bad news, only trying to help you.

It is a very real possibility that the Bruticus set would not even grade at a "Qualified" tier with AFA. If it is a resealed/opened item, which it appears to be, the accessories and paperwork may not even be in "unused" order. This would mean an expense of at least $100 to you by AFA for a sliding bottom case that you could find much cheaper elsewhere.

Keep this in mind before you throw anymore $$$ at this problem.

7. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I wouldnt buy AFA unless I actually see it with my own eyes.

8. anabolik1

anabolik1 Banned

This is 100% correct and PayPal WILL GET YOU YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEED! If you made a payment as anything EVEN a GIFT IF in the gift payment they can tell that it is clearly a "sell", YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY back. PayPal looks at all types of payments and that's why they have rules around accepting "gifts" for purchased items.

Unless you just want a MIB Bruticus, then get your money back...you have(had) 45 days...

9. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QFT. I wrote a nice response to his posts but realized who it was from and just deleted it.

If it was indeed damaged during shipping, can you make a claim with the post office. I'd imagine it would be somewhat difficult to explain to them your loss, but it's an option you migth consider.

10. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want to say past a certain number on the gift scam, the buyer has to pay the fees that the seller would normally incur. But if you did go the gift route and didnt specify what you bought, I think you'd be pissing up a rope, hell-even if you didnt go the gift route, just going outside ebay will get you hosed.

11. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    the collector in me would want AFA but the money voice in me says no because to get the collection complete would be to expensiv to get. I can not shell out thousends of dollors for 1 toy just because it is AFA 80,.

the bubble will burst eventually...everything does.

DaL2WALK.Completing AFA or MIB or loose only comes down to one thing. MONEY. I could also complete a MIB collection fast If I hade a well paying job. But things is many ppl dont. If I were a millioner a AFA collection could be done in a half a year.

Battle Gaea for under 880..yeah right...wake up and pull the blanket out of your ear..perhapps a loose complete one but a boxed one.that is 4 diggits.

On the Topic.

Talk to the seller, check with the post office, if this does not work then ask for a refuind and return the item.

easy as that...and when talking to a seller, use a normal tone because I know soem ppl ( not you) like to write with caps and making them all trying to be though guys over the internet and that will just get ugly. )

Good luck