Should Hasbro update the Seekers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jun 28, 2010.

?

F-22 Seekers (classics styl)

1. Yay!

46 vote(s)
    44.2%
  2. Nay!

58 vote(s)
    55.8%
  1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Not until we get Sunstorm and an affordable Thundercracker first.

2. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to see WFC seekers. The classics mold is fine.
    Hasbro needs to release thundercracker stateside and make the seekers from WFC.
    That is all.

3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I agree that it is more advanced, but I don't like the design of the F-22. I like F-14, F-15, F-18, F-20 and F-117A. And that Jet with reversed wings from Grumman I think.

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I say NAY. The main complaint people have for classics seekers is the alt mode that isn't sleek and suffers from design flaws. The same and even worse would probably apply for new F22 seekers. Just take a look at movie Starscreams, which are voyager sized figures or larger. Due to size, options for designing a sleek alt mode are more numerous, as they could implement more different ways of folding and collapsing. Instead we got 2 "tubs" for an alt mode. And even the energon mold has more kibble than the classics seekers.

5. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    It's not so much the actual size of the kibble so much as it's placement that's the issue on the Classics seeker - the way the chest just sort of hangs under the front of the jet mode is horrid.

Anyway RotF Voyager Starscream is an F22 and is one of the sleekest jet molds we've ever had, both in terms of slimness and kibble hiding (hands aside... if only they'd released the version that was prototyped...)

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

The problem with updating the alt mode IMO is that something like an F-22 looks a bit odd when coloured in G1 colours. I have no idea why, it just does to me. I know the F-15 would probably look weird in those colours if I saw it for the first time now, but I have been used to it for 26 years!
    Then again, Bumblebee is now a muscle car and Prime is a long nose truck so whatever, I guess!

7. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, as much as I like the Classics mold, an updated F-22 version would be cool.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    As much as I like the seekers, I am satesfied enough with the current mold and would much rather add other characters to my Classic D-con shelf. I would probably buy them, but by the time the dust settles, we will probably have 20 renditions of this mold (17 I think now between Tak/Hasbro once Hasbro Dirge is released). It is already starting to look ungodly on my display shelf (and I don't own the Botcon ones), and another 6 or 10 would dominate. I want to see characters like Blitzwing, insecticons (both deluxe and "regular"), some headmasters, shockwave, some combiner.

But, I would still buy them.

9. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Well after seeing that iGear is going to be making Masterpiece Coneheads I'm good to go since I like using the MP Seekers on my Classics shelf :D 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing is, the F-15 is still in use today. Frankly, its more common than the F-22. While the F-22 might be newer or more 'futuristic', you're more likely to see the F-15.

So until they actualy retire the F-15 in real life, I see no reason to not use it as a model.

11. Razorclaw

F-15 is not going to be retired. That plane is going to fly for a long time to come. And while it is not a stealth plane by design it is a versatile enough platform that can have other 5th gen. fighter characteristics, just like SU-27/30/35 - supercruise, AESA radar, new armament, etc....

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    We have the seekers in classic and Masterpiece. I would love to see some other dudes get some love.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd prefer to keep the alt mode the same but go up to Voyager size and make the robot mode a bit better. Somewhere between the Classics and Masterpiece. Masterpiece is lovely and all that but I always feel I'm gonna break it. So a nice sturdy Voyager that's a slightly more complicated and articulated version of the Classics Deluxe mold.
    I feel that making the Seekers a different jet takes away some of my love of those characters because that shape of jet is one I always associate with the original Decepticon fly boys.

14. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

I'd like to see the Seekers re-designed from a modern perspective.

Alt. mode is irrelevant to me. A jet is a jet is a jet. But I'd like to see someone take a crack at updating their robot-modes. The classic version is just too blocky and stiff for my tastes. A flier should be sleek and agile.

Some of the more recent Seeker designs come close. Personally, I'd love a more "realistic" take on the Animated Seekers. (Basically the same proportions and layout, but less stylized.) Sort of a hybrid of Animated and Movie-verse aesthetics. (Think what they did for movie-verse Lockdown, but for Starscream/Thundercracker/Skywarp/Sunstorm/Etc...)

Also, count me among those who think the WFC Seekers are awesome looking and would LOVE to see that design in plastic.

15. Razorclaw

These two sentences do not compute.

WFC seekers are not "blocky" and "square" as G1, but they are "buff" and "triangular" with stumps for legs, and certainly not sleek looking as Animated seekers are. IMO there isn't much of difference between G1/classics/universe seekers and WFC seekers, apart from the former being square and the latter being triangular overall.

16. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

I didn't say that the WFC seekers are the ideal design, I just said they were awesome.

My enjoyment of the WFC designs doesn't alter my desire for a sleeker, more agile take on the classic seeker design.

17. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I really don't care, but I'd still buy them.

18. Razorclaw

Well, classics seekers are sleek enough for me, the only thing that ruins that impression are the huge-ass blasters they're sporting.

19. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

I'd totally be down with newer seekers, especially if they made them larger, ala Voyager sized.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I say update, if the Classics f-15 seeker mold breaks soon, which might happen real soon.......