Should Hasbro release Mechtech Weapon Packs for the DOTM line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Will Trans, Jan 22, 2012.

?

Would you like to see Mechtech Weapon Packs?

1. Yay!

45.0%
  2. Nay!

55.0%
  1. Will Trans

Will Trans Well-Known Member

Given how Hasbro's made the Mechtech weapon system/gimmick so prominent with the DOTM line and how they've given figures a bunch of Mechtech ports, would it be a good idea to release just a pack of weapons?

I'm a bit split on it personally. On one hand it would be great because they can release a more varied array of weapons that aren't necessarily already packaged with other figures and can try to release some more movie accurate weapons i.e. Soundwave's movie gun, Ironhide's arm canon's for the Voyager class, etc.

On the other hand a lot of the weapons have already been released and they might be a hard sell to the general consumer or people who aren't all that interested in the accessories.

What do you guys think?

2. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ultimately, I have to vote nay... The only thing that would interest me personally, is more of the little black guns that came with Topspin, because putting those all over the Mech-Tech ports on Sideswipe, Bee, & Starscream, make them look pretty thug... But the actual spring loaded Mech-Tech weapons aren't that great looking (aside from Shockwave's being that it is specially for him and looks great on him).. I'm better off reverse molding the weapons from Topspin and just making limitless more lol.

3. Dark Neptune

Dark Neptune Autocon

They should have just released MechTech-less figs, and sold the weapons seperately.

Honestly the only movie accurate MechTech weapon was BB's gun. But the nicest is the chainsaw found on Roadbuster and Thundercracker.

4. Dark Neptune

Dark Neptune Autocon

Agree with you on Topspin and Shockwave.

Seriously I hate the new MechTech-congruent gimmicks on Prime Powerizer Megatron. Hasbro could save money by removing that electronic gimmick.

5. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I've actually been keeping myself in the dark as far as the Prime mainline goes.. I find that if I see what is in store then it makes the overall buying/owning experience less enjoyable for some reason lol. However I have seen a lot of complaining about voyager Megatron's arm cannon... And I've seen pics of the voyager OP. Not a fan of the light up mechtech gimmick, and certainly NOT a fan of the translucent limbs, but I can live with it, and it's not as bad as I expected and I will eventually come to like it more & enjoy it... Haha.

6. 420bot

420bot ******

They should release the figures they said would be released like deluxe Que, deluxe Soundwave, deluxe Leadfoot, and HA Soundwave first.

But anyway yes, an online exclusive weapons packs would be cool too.

7. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd love to get my hands on a deluxe weaponized Leadfoot... And for them to release a deluxe weaponized Roadbuster... Wouldn't be too hard. Just reshell the original (that I absolutely refuse to buy).

8. Will Trans

The Voyager Optimus Prime Mechtech gun is pretty close to the movie gun too and same goes for the alternate Voyager Prime which has the gun-axe. Of course, the built in mechtech weapons on the Voyager figures like Shockwave and Megatron are pretty boss but those are more exclusive to those.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    At this point in time, I wouldn't think it would be a good idea. DOTM is pretty much done.

10. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd also like to add that all the Mechtech weapons that just don't belong with any of the deluxes/voyagers (which is all but Shockwave & Megatron IMO) look really, really good on Ultimate Optimus with the butterfly suit added.

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    No. Those things are ******ed. The first thing I did with mine was toss them in a box.

12. Will Trans

Deluxe Roadbuster is an interesting release. He should have a lot more mechtech ports than he really has and he has an extremely odd non-working ones due to his robot mode blocking them. But you can go either two ways, either go all out and fully customize him with a more weaponized look or you can just keep the sleeker stock car and repaint/repro-sticker him to look more authentic to both looks respectively. Personally I think customizing him with more weapons isn't really worth the trouble (although kudos to the people who try).

I'm hoping that they release a weaponized deluxe version since the HA version, while extremely awesome, doesn't really fit in at all scale wise in either modes.

13. Will Trans

I've been eying Voyager Prime just for the gun to put it on Ultimate Optimus Prime myself since he doesn't come with any weapons for his normal mode. For some weird reason that figure is sold out in a lot of places besides Amazon.com and Crankcase? Pff, forget about it even hard to find at a decent price online.

They're hit and miss but I think the coolest thing about them is being able to mix and match them.

14. Sidewave

Sidewave Autobot

News Credits:
    I'd love to buy weapon packs, maybe they'd give us more movie accurate guns, but I don't know how well they would sell or what pricepoint they'd be at.

15. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Back when the line line first started, yes. but now it's way too late.

16. Will Trans

Perhaps.

I'm not sure how well the TF3 wave did overall in sales but there's still a few more figures to release and before they decide to do a TF4 movie (which will be a while from now). I suppose they can do future trilogy themed style waves for the movie line if they so desired with remolds and added leader classes.

17. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

They should release them alright....into the Lorenchen Abyss.The idea wasn't bad,but the execution wasn't very good.Why couldn't they have made them lock in place?

18. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I'd rather have an assorted weapons pack: Mechtech, Minicons, 3mm/5mm peg-ons, C-clips, etc..

19. Will Trans

I'm down with that.

;) 

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:

Yes this ; also Mechtech Weapons in transparent colours might be fun to tie into the whole Poweriser theme in Prime's new Voyager toys.