should grimlock be the goldymarge of team prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Dec 15, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i have had nothing better to do this week since i came down with the flue and have been sick asa dog since then heh

while watching my dvd sets i have been pretty busy watching my way through my gaogaigar+ final dvd sets since then

anyways ive got to thinking over time when it comes to goldymargs character

what if transformers prime were to handle girmlocks character portrayel as being in his way the the goldymarge member of team prime?

to be honest im surprised no one else here has brought up the subject over time the guy is totally grimlock in his way

2. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting. If they do go in that direction, they better give him the Ban, I mean Goldion Hammer.:D 

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Just a question,who's this Goldymarge guy?

4. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Oh gawd, you don't know Yuusha?! D:

Well then...Goldymarg is a sentient mech from a Yuusha series called King of Braves GaoGaiGar. He could transform into a tank, and, when needed, transform into the Goldion Hammer for GaoGaiGar to use as a finishing move.

Ever watch Tranformers Galaxy Force? (Japanese version of Cybertron) Leobreaker/Ligerjack is voiced by the same guy who does Goldymarg and the way Leobreaker combines with Optimus/Galaxy Convoy is an easter egg to GaoGaiGar.

You should really look into Yuusha.

http://gaogaigar.wikia.com/wiki/Goldymarg Btw here's Goldy. He's pretty awesome (altho my fav of the Robo Gundan is Volfogg and Enryu)

5. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

So Grimlock turns into a giant weapon for Optimus Prime to finish the bad guy of the week with?

Cause that was really all Goldy ever did.

6. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    Haha! Yeah that was pretty true...altho I did like the first ep he was in. But after that, he was mostly there to be a finishing tool.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Grimlock turning into something like the Savage Claw would be awesome.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Intresting character.:)  But then how will he be useful in combat if he only has a weapon mode for Optimus? I can understand if ths like a combiner feature but than supposing if Grinock's alone? He needs to have another alt mode too in use like a T-Rex.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. If the weapon mode is like the third mode for Grimlock the main one being a T-rex, that can work!

I do see some character paraells between Goldymarge and Grimlock,only Goldymarge's not really as resentful to his leader like Grimlock is!:lol 

9. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Anyway the Yuusha (or Brave) series were a bunch of robot animes from the early to mid 90s. Basically a distant cousin to Transformers. In fact Takara commissioned the shows because Transformers had become defunct for awhile and they still wanted to make transforming robot toys and market them. Quite a few early Yuusha characters are basically reused Transformer molds. The big difference is they fight monsters of the week instead of an enemy robot faction, and the main character is generally a human piloting a robot.

Gaogaigar was the last. By then Beast Wars had come out and the TF brand was active again, so they opted to make new TF shows.

Gaogaigar had a brief revival as an OVA, and another was planned but it seemed to have fallen by the wayside since.

10. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    Actually, a human piloting a robot wasn't the norm. There was GaoGaiGar of course, and somewhat in Might Gaine, tho it was also a sentient robot. Da Garn kinda, but not really either. Exkaiser, Goldran, J-Decker, Fighbird (iffy) were sentient mechs. Dagwon is kind of it's own thing being like Power Rangers.

I loved the Yuusha for expanding more on the robot-to-human relationships.

GaiGaiGar was the last of the ones made on TV, but there was also Baan Gaan (another sentient mech), but sadly, he was only in the games. I would've loved for him to have gotten a TV series as well.

Yeah, Project Z seems to have pretty much died...I hated how Final ended, and would have loved to see what had happened afterwards.

11. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So...Prime is going to ram his hand up Grimlock's ass so that he can use a giant hammer?

I am totally ok with that.

12. MeGrimmy53

MeGrimmy53 Well-Known Member

I really don't like the idea of robots (unless they were minicons) transforming into weapons so that they can be used by other robots. G1 Megatron turning into a gun was really ridiculous especially if Starscream was using him.

13. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    I'm going to be honest, when I saw the thread title I thought immediately of a blonde Marge Simpson.

14. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

thats what i mean with the whole character comparison between goldymarge and grimlock

their both the lumbering sorta antisocial strong man type in their way

to be honest though i see goldymarge as being the kind of person grimlock could develope into over time asa person who has changed for the better as he mellows out as a person with time and experience in losing his resentment towards optimus while gaining a whole new level of respect for the guy in the long run.

15. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

definately make grimlock a 3 changer between power arm with the ancietn primes ban hammer weapon dinomode t rex and robot mode

16. MeGrimmy53

MeGrimmy53 Well-Known Member

Leave the transforming into weapons gimick to the Minicons

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Should Grimlock turn up, he deserves to be his own robot, not just an add-on for Optimus.