Should Galvatron appear in Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Megatron1, Jul 14, 2012.

1. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Or Unicron stays dead, Galvatron never exists, and we fucking see Ulta Magnus.

2. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

Or we discover that Earth is not the only battlefield where Autobots and Decepticons are fighting for resources / macguffin devices. On another world Jetfire's forces are fighting Shockwave's, and on yet another planet Ultra Magnus's forces are fighting Galvatron's.

3. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    I would like to see Galvatron come in as his own bot but have him be the one who leaves for a few episodes and then comes back once in a blue moon like Wheeljack.

4. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Wha-

Is this nigga-

You talkin smack bout Galvatron son?

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Yes, as long as he won't always be kicking Optimus' ass. I would like Galvatron to be a foe Optimus is trying to overcome like Megatron in the movies.

6. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I don't know. I don't really want him, but I could kind of dig seeing him as a different character, actually. I don't think Prime Megatron really needs to become Galvatron, but if they play it off well, then sure.

For the record, I liked G1 Galvatron. Not as much as G1 Megatron (or Prime or Animated or Beast Wars Megatron), but he was still enjoyable. The whole "I'm totally insane so I'm just going to do the first thing that pops into my head" sort of attitude is something I love, but I think Prime Megatron already ticks like that, so yeah..... I'd normally say they should be the same character, but in this one instance, I say otherwise.

7. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

G1 Galvatron worked because of several reasons. First we understood his insanity as being formed from his separation from Unicron being something his psyche couldnt fully handle. Secondly, Rodimus Prime was played as an insecure leader who didnt have the full control over the wisdom of the matrix or the command over his troops of Optimus. As such, both leaders were somewhat inept, and thereby it was feasible that neither could take the fullest opportunity to defeat the opposing side.

8. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, only if Megatron and Galvatron are two different transformers with different personalities.