Should Galvatron appear in Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Megatron1, Jul 14, 2012.

1. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

galavtron /megatron is same person
    megatron get hurt by starscream and starscream trow hurt megatron in space

2. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

megatron was hurt by optimus......after that, when the decepticons are fleeing, starscream takes an oppurtunity to throw him overboard.

3. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    It'd be nice to see Galvatron in a TV show, but Prime? Ehhhh, I don't know, depends how they handle it.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I think he means Starscream hurt Megatron's feelings in actually carrying out a betrayal on him, having assumed Screamer actually never had the guts to really do it after so many failures.

Also, on the topic of Megatron becoming Galvatron, there is some evidence that can be gleaned from the 1986 movie that the two are in fact seperate despite the latter using the former's transformed body. When Screamer asks Galvatron if he's Megatron, and Galvy replied "Here's a hint!" before killing SS, it could be interpeted that Galvatron in fact is not Megatron despite being the reformatted version, as Megatron never actually bothered to kill Starscream despite the numerous betrayals time and time again. Additionally, Scourge and Cylconus are treated as new characters even though they were built from other Decepticons who had been named (I.E. Scourge from Thundercracker, and whoever the hell became Cyclonus).

5. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    IF he appears in TFP then I hope its a new character and not a repaint of Galvatron. I had my share of purple repainted Megatrons. :S

6. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

Galvatron had the same spark, the same memories, but slightly revised psyche. Scourge and Cyclonus however were just used as raw materials. In current terms it would be the same spark, but no memories and a revised psyche. Unicron said he would give Megratron "A new body, and new troops to command". Unicron was many evil things, but not a liar (he had no need). With any deal he made, he followed through (including Starscream's body). Galvatron was a new body to the same Megatron, while Scourge and Cyclonus were entirely new troops.

7. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:

goddamnit, I don't entirely hate that...

8. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    Galvatron should be a seperate being. I don't want Megatron to die then get resurrected again.

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Sometimes a change does help to keep it fresh and unexpected. When people expect something to happen, then its loses the epic impact. Its like that one great joke being told over and over, sooner or later it's no longer funny. That's why its important to make a change and get that epic impact back from the watcher.

Galvatron working with Starscream to remove Megatron and then killing Starscream after Megatron's death would create more talk then Megatron becoming Galvatron will.

10. Anthony Adams

Anthony Adams Well-Known Member

Only if his appearance does not involve Megs getting mortally wounded (you can't get more mortally wounded than getting caught in an exploding Space Bridge), and getting reformatted.

I hated how that was done in Energon (the only arc of the Unicron Trilogy i could tolerate), he takes a bath in Energon and starts calling himself Galvatron? Ugh...I didn't like Energon for so many reasons...

And also, i would only want Galvatron to be voiced by Lenard Nimoy, i don't know who voiced him in season 3 of G1, but he sounded like someone who was high on crack.

11. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Umm...that would be Frank 'High on Crack' Welker.

12. Anthony Adams

Anthony Adams Well-Known Member

Really? o_O  i did not know that.

Ok then, I retract my last statement about the sound of the Voice acting.

13. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

You shouldnt retract it. Frank Welker is a very talented voice actor. But his voice for Galvatron was horrible.

14. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I dont know where you get your facts about saying most people prefer that. As I see it and know people I know in real life prefer him as one and the same.

Id only want him in it if he is an upgraded Megatron. Unicron is on/is earth. Whos knows maybe thats a reason why they never wrote him off or killed him yet.

15. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

I could get behind it if it was done to my tastes. Like if say Unicron awoke again but was too weak to do much so he uses the dark energon in Megatron to get a feel of his schematics and then creates Galvatron based off it but as a full on herald/avatar to work against both factions.

Hed have to be insane though, maybe unaware of where he ends and Unicron begins so he thinks of every attack on him as some kind of heretical affront to Unicron/Primus. Like how the G1 cartoon version would go berzerk at the slightest hint of someone not being utterly devoted to him and his goals.

Megatron being upgraded doesnt make much sense though. Hes been comatose and they were ready to pull the plug and it wasnt considered an option, and he and Unicon hate each other now so thats off the table too.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I always figured doing Megatron's voice hurt his throat so they were like okay sure you can do that annoying higher pitch voice.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I don't see it happing at all. Megatron's a lot like Galvatron anyway.

Unless he finds a way to clone himself then the clone proceeds to stand out against the original by getting a ROTF style upgrade making him purple and renaming himself Galvatron. I can see that being made but that's about it.

18. ironskull08

ironskull08 WoW addict and Transformers fan

This.

19. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    This.
    Why change your name when you get a new look?
    Megatron is the p diddy of transformers.

I would rather see galvatron as a brother/rival/crazy protoform clone.

20. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    New idea:

Shockwave, in his Aligned bio, is stated to want to build an army of warriors just like Megatron. Ergo; Galvatron is his prototype "Megatron foot soldier", powered by Dark Energon. THEN: either A) it becomes sentient of its own accord and works with Shockles or B) Unicron, his consciousness barely clinging to existence, commandeers the body and twists it into an even more grotesque version of Megatron, and calls himself Galvatron - both in an attempt to devalue Megatron, the bot who betrayed him the worst.