Should Carly have been In all the films?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jazzbot180, Apr 22, 2012.

1. jazzbot180

jazzbot180 Dino-Bot

I didn't like Mikaela at all, does anyone else hear wish Carly was In all the films?

2. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I thought Rosie was the better actress and seemed ultimately more likeable, but I did like how Mikaela was able to fend for herself, like decapitating Frenzy and killing Alice.

So I think Mikaela may have been needed for the first 2 films, Carly came in at just the right time.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I would've appreciated a female character with a combination of Carly's niceness and Mikaela's skills.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Essentially G1 Carly then. To me Mikaela had more 'Carly' about her than DotM's Carly.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

There is something about Rosie that just seems to make her more likeable than Fox. It's really tough for an actor to not have their personality bleed into a character and since they were both rather unskilled as actors I'll go with the one who seems nicer in real life.

Might have been a kind of even more interesting dynamic then in the third film if Sam and Carly had gone to high school together and Carly ended up wildly successful while Sam was struggling for a job.

6. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

I liked Mikaela better, she was pretty and tough. Carly just felt like a trophy Sam got for all the stuff he put up with. Mikaela was there from the beginning and this new uber hotty coming in to put up with Sam's neurotics just feels forced!

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked her more than Mikaela, so maybe.

8. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

Not only did I like her better, but I disliked how she just appeared as the 'new girl' in the third one. Having her be his love interest in all three movies is a win-win for me.

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm a Carly fan, but I like both of them fine and really can't see Carly fitting in the first two movies the way Mikaela did. Mikaela was that whirlwind teenage romance angle and Carly was the more "mature" lady and I think that was more of what the coming-of-age-theme DOTM was more suited for.

10. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

The perfect girl was Mikaela in TFTM, hot but not plastic and fake. I dont think Carly was "attainable" by Sam at all.

11. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

I suppose you do have a point. I have to take apart Megan from Mikaela when judging the character. As a character, Mikaela was more down to earth and fit in as how she was there and what her role was; while it isn't too useful, I liked the Autoshop expert angle. Perhaps it isn't that the Carly should have been in all three, but rather I want an almagram of the two of them.

12. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

They replaced the wrong actor. In ROTF, Sam would be played by Jason "Mother Fuckin" Statham! Only problem is, there would be no enemies for DOTM. :cool: 

13. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck NO! She ruined DOTM for me, I hope the rumor about her not coming back for TF4 is true.

14. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

Carly was eye candy as far as I'm concerned. I don't mind pretty, but this girl didn't look like she could handle herself in a dangerous situation. Mikaela was both hot and acted like she could go on the offensive, without breaking like a porcelain doll. If I only want eye candy, I'll subscribe to Victoria's Secret.

15. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Nope. I would have much rather had Mikaela and Maggie Madsen in all three movies.

Carly was my least favorite of the three. She didn't fit into the world of TFs as well as Mikaela did (Mikaela seemed like she could hang out with the 'bots - not to mention how she handled herself in TF1 and ROTF).

Both Mikaela and Carly were added to prop up Sam, but Mikaela still manages to seem like a character in her own right, and gets to contribute to the fight.

Carly as a character was a perfectly cardboard damsel in distress - the only exception being the "Sentinel's bitch" line, which would have worked better coming from Mikaela. And I didn't buy into her relationship with Sam at all, thanks to them just being slammed together from the beginning of the movie.

16. bonycrushy345

bonycrushy345 Well-Known Member

This. I would've liked it if they at least introduced Carly in ROTF. Like a fourth character between Sam, Mikaela and Leo.

17. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I agree with everything but the eye candy.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Should have been Maggie instead.

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Carly should have been in all three films in theory, given there's no point in having an overarching romance and then tossing it out 2/3 of the way through the story in favor or a new girl. But on the other hand, holy hell was there no way Fox was being kept on after what she said.

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I think Carly should have been introduced in ROTF, and then there be a subplot of Sam drifting to her instead.