Should botcon troop builders be bigger?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Oct 9, 2012.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've loved the idea of the botcon troop builder. Some years have been been more awesome then others but I think fun pub is getting the hang of it.

The question of the day is should they make the packs bigger, like 4 or 5, to bring down the overall cost per figure down? Or do you feel that is too many for the average fan? Maybe they could offset the increased quantity with more varied head sculpts or deco but then the cost per figure would go pack up a little?

Also lets make pitch some ideas for the more obvious troop packs out there

Classics junkions: probably too soon after last year but one of each of the existing head sculpts (minus wreck gar) and maybe three of an all new sculpt would be cool

Wfc generic troopers: I would love a pack of these guys. The foc jazz mold in all black with a new head and maybe different deco highlights for rank. The con pack could just be a bunch of generic seekers based of the starscream mold or maybe the rainmakers

Vehicons: well duh... New head for the miner drone, show accurate jet vehicons, this is a no brainer here.

Classics autotroopers: I love the classics jazz mold so much I would buy another 5 as police cars

Reflector 3 pack: again duh

Ok so what do you guys want?

2. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    Nah, I think three is perfect. Even if costs would go down relatively with four or five, the package would still be more expensive than three. Of course more troops is more fun, but it's unneccesary. One or two is not enough, four or five too many! :) 

I like your idea on WFC Generics!

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Troop building in Transformers seems a lot harder than in GI Joe, due to the nature of the toys and the characters. I wouldn't mind seeing a "swarm" of legends or cyberverse or minicon scale troops as a set though.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think it's a possibility actually ... I know for damn sure I wouldn't pass up a 6 pack of SG Junkions, Animated Autotroopers ...

5. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    buy 2x 3 packs of each from me :) 

6. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I prefer last year's set of Sunstorm, Bitstream and Hotlink. One mold with the main plastic color being different for each.

Three of the same toy with no alterations is boring. The Junkions made it a little more interesting by having three different heads but last years set is how they should do it in future. Oddly, there was no set this year.

7. Vexwing

Vexwing You are being deceived.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    The "Pounce and Wingspan" set was the troopbuilder this year, it just deviates from the previous standard. The bio cards they come with identify them as the "Dread Pirate Crew" and there's a whole mess of them in the story. Tornado's log entries give proper names to a bunch of them.

8. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I think three is the perfect troop builder number, to be honest. I got three Vehicons for my Prime collection, and honestly I think any more than that would be crowding too much (outside of full battle scene displays, of course).

As far as future set ideas, I know the odds are slim-to-none, but getting a pack of Cybertron Scrapmetals (in all three colors, including the Japan-only blue) or the Noisemaze (Sideways) Mass-Production Type would be grand.

9. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    A 5-6 pack of Legends or a 8-10 pack of minicons would be pretty cool. With the new legends insecticons it'd be perfect. Get two of each or one original deco and maybe something like the E-Hobby set.

A Three pack of blue colored Energon Divebombs on top of those would be great. Never would happen, but a man can still dream.

10. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

Troop Builder out of the new generations minicon molds. End up with 9 little bitty robots you stick together into giant combiner

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They should just make more runs of the troop builders.

12. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    i'd love it if they did a cybertronian pit fighters troop builder using the hailstorm/mindset mold and remold the arms and heads....

That would be an awesome trooper set.

Or do the ROTF brawn/fallback mold with new heads....

13. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I love this idea, I am actually thinking of buying another couple of set of the minicons as I just think I should be able to make a swam of them.