Should BB recovered is voice?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jun 13, 2008.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Dunno about you guys, but I rather liked the way Bumblebee talked trought songs. It gave him an "unique" aspect. What do you think? Should be stay like this?

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I thought it was ridiculous and stupid. Give him a voice, please...

3. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Radio! Much cooler than a real voice.

4. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    It was kinda cool. It's not like they can use Casey Kasem-like voice anyways.

But the end of the movie voice was a stupid choice for Bumblebee. English accent of all things.

Puhmissn t' speak, suuh.

Too random.

If they revive Megatron as Galvatron, they need to get Spock or just good old Frank Welker. As much as I love Hugo Weaving, he made a really weak Megatron.

Starscream needs a new vocal processor. He was just bland. Just a little more character is all I'm asking.

Bumblebee can have a new voice. And they can just say that they've finally fixed the voice box and that's how he should actually sound.

Soundwave must have trademark Welker voice. Nothing. Else.

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Actually I cant believe this point has never been made before. Points to the OP. :) 

Honestly a great point to boot. I agree that Bumble Bee was probably better suited to not speak which made him what ever anyone wanted him to be. The voice they gave him at the end just doesn't fit his character and I am not talking his G1 character or cartoon character. His voice and style of speech sounded completely opposite to what bumble bee was like for the most of the movie. BB seemed like a selfless, fun, and sympathetic kinda a robot and then you get this voice that sounds like a British museum care taker. Not that anything is wrong with being a British museum care taker its just not what bumblebee was in the movie.

He would be better suited to the radio voice than a voice that doesn't fit. Actually the radio voice was a pretty great idea and was very well done.

6. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Giving him a voice will help his character developpment and also we could nt understand all the time what was coming out of the radio when he spoke.... So, he should definitely have a voice... but a younger and more cool type.. And Starscream should have that annoying jealous type of traitor voice like in the cartoons.. fits his character.. as for Megatron-Galvatron, Welker was actually awesome for a cartoon voice.. but in a ''real world'' type... it would sound kind of silly and not dangerous has the character is suppose to be and sound...anyway, thats my opinion..

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

If he has a voice, make it sound more like a teenager than how he sounded at the end of TF1. He had all the antics of a teenager, and then they gave him a British man's voice? Either a new voice or no voice

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope to hell he can talk properly now, the radio thing was cute and it worked while he was mute but he was supposedly fixed by the end of the movie so he should be talking in movie 2.

And I wouldn't count on him having Mark Ryan's brit accent if he does talk in the sequel, I think Bay probably just gave Ryan 'Bee's 2 lines as an extra little reward for Ryan doing the robot lines/performances for the actors to work with on set.

They said they modelled Bumblebee's actions on Marty McFly so I'd like him to have a voice like Marty's. Not sure if J Fox is up to that at the moment though.

9. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    didn't he already cover at the end?

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He should speak like Jonny Five... "Bumble Bee is ALIVE!"

11. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

Well most of the characters, with the exception of Optimus, suffered from lack of character depth. I think in part because of the lack of funding. But we should expect some pretty good dialogue from the transformers this time. The only thing I see standing in the way is Bay. If things get too serious he gets scared. Notice how the writers, Orci and the other guy, were on board with a lot of the critic sighted by fans?

It was probably a good move to be simple for the first movie since it's cheap, but I hope Bay can see that there's a little more money to make a better story through the animation.

12. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Doesn't really matter, he already talked at the end of TF1, so it's a done deal.

My question is WHY/HOW could he all of a sudden speak at the end? Jarring battle manuevers fixed it? Crikey.

13. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    It's the legs. Lose the legs, speak again.

14. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    LOL! Right on...

15. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I thought his voice sounded older than his descriptions when he spoke at the end. But then I just simply concluded that his vocal processor wasn't 100% repaired, but it was repaired enough to where he could speak clearly without straining. Heck, you can't speak in your normal vocal pitch when you start to recover from laryngitis.

My vote - he needs to have at least an 18-20 year old voice.

16. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    When I first knew bee was going to be mute and talk through radio bites, I thought it would be awful, but turned out so good, it gave him a lot of personality.

But they already did it, and he recovered his voice at the end of the film, so it's time to move on.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ratchet's laser thing. I fixed him right up.

Personally, I liked his voice, though some of the comments in this thread are horrible stereotyping. It would be cool to have him speak like that and do all they wacky things he did before.

I actually liked all of the voices. If there's two thing Transformers nailed in the first movie, it was the designs and VAs.

18. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

News Credits:
    I nominate Michael J. Fox, or Patton Oswalt for Bumblebee in TF2.:) 

19. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    What's wrong with BB having an English accent?

20. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    his voice at the end was completely off. I felt that Mark Ryan was a poor choice and did not sound like Bumblebee at all.

There was something about BB without a voice that made him more likeable. It added to his charm. Its kind of like a puppy dog where they communicate with their eyes.

Michael J Fox would've made a better choice because no matter how old MJF is, his voice still sounds very young and still sounds like Marty McFly.