Should any of the big characters die?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Joe Moore, May 22, 2006.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The movie will have some of the most recognizeable names from the Transformers. Optimus, Megatron, Starscream, etc. Should any of themore popular characters be killed off in one of the inevitable huge battles? If so, who do you see biting the dust?

I say yes and I think it will be Bumblebee. for pure emotional effect as I think they will be playing him up for the most emotional attachment.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    no way! they'll never kill bumble since he'll always be there for the kids.

if anybody dies its a ironhide or sideswipe type of guy.

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I figure Megatron will bite it. That will give satisfying closure to the movie and open up a major spot for a new character in the future. I really don't think it's a good idea to use the first movie to push emotional buttons.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll agree with you on that. The way most comic/cartoon translations to movies go... it always has the big bad guy going down in the end. All the Batman movies have done it, both Spider-Man movies have done it and the list goes on. The only one I haven't seen do it is the X-Men movies, however, I wouldn't be surprised if Magneto finally bites the dust in X III.

Basically, if they don't kill Megatron off in the first movie they'll probably do it in the eventual sequel. Either way would be a good set up for Galvatron (either as his own man or a reborn Megatron... I'd prefer him as his own man though).

5. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    there will definately be autobots and decepticons dying, I have no clue of who they will kill off obviously, but I hope its a memorable departure

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, if they're going to kill off some Autobots I hope that means we're getting others than the core crew that's been mentioned. I really wouldn't want to see any of the main cast of 'bots go unless it truly meant something.

7. zopilote_z

zopilote_z Well-Known Member

I don´t think anyone will die, at least in the first movie, and they´ll keep Megatron alive for the entire trilogy, just like Magneto in the X-movies.

8. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

i hope bumblebee dies :lol  or maybe, if hes in, brawn will be shot in the shoulder again while his in a space ship :D 

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:

10. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How about Starscream? He can stay in the story as a ghost anyway :tongue: 

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'd rather they not repeat the mistakes of the original movie.

Better to kill off second stringers, like Hot Rod.

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I hope they don't kill Bumblebee, simply because I like him. However, if it's written well, I'll accept a big-name character death, Bumblebee or whoever.

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be willing to bet that eventually Prime will be killed off, only to come back later bigger and stronger than before.:thumb  Come on Hasbro, you know you want to!

14. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bet we'll see a few Decepticons peons bite it (Brawl, Incinerator, Bonecrusher, Devestator, I'm looking at you guys). Not sure if we'll get any big deaths though. I can imagine Megatron been left "as dead" only to come back for the sequel with a bigger and more powerful body. I could also see an Autobot like Bumbles, Jazz or Ironhide getting "killed" only for Ratchet to fix 'em. Or, maybe Ratchet dying. Yep, that's my main bet.

15. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

Hmm... thats a toughie. Personally I don't think they will kill off anybody major at this early stage of what I believe is going to be a franchise. If they do, it will be towards the end of the second movie I reckon. And it will not be bumblebee - hes going to be the big draw for the little kiddies - but I could see just about anybody else dying.
    Im laughing at the picture in my head I just got of the last scene of that movie - Bumblebee (still not able to talk) playing "The End" by the doors at Optimus Primes funeral!!!