should a devil may cry fan bother with ninja gaiden?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ckhtiger, Jun 11, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

so I've always been a big fan of the dmc series, although I haven't gotten around to playing number 3 yet but I do own it. I'm getting an original xbox soon, basically to play panzer orta, halo, and a few games that were available for the ps2, but I wanted the versions with better graphics.

I've always liked the shinobi games, and ninja gaiden black got great reviews on gamespot. however, after viewing their video review, I thought that the game just looked like dmc but with a ninja for a lead character instead of a guy in a trench coat, and with some different weapons. for anyone who's played both, what do you think? should I get ninja gaiden black, or will I be bored and dissappointed with play mechanics that are too similar to dmc?

2. SpazmasterX

SpazmasterX My turn to protect you.

Ninja Gaiden is much better than DMC and although the mechainics are somewhat similar the same thing could be said of most every game in the genre.

3. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Try out Ninja Gaiden Black, it shouldn't cost more than $20, it's got all of the d/l-able content for the original Ninja Gaiden, plus a crap load of extra missions that are pretty much impossible to finish.

4. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

5. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

What happens on Master Ninja mode? Does he show up and slaughter your entire family, friends, and neighbors?

Ninja Gaiden is well worth the purchase.

6. SpazmasterX

SpazmasterX My turn to protect you.

No one knows....:confused2 

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ninja Gaiden totally kicks DMC's ass into a hat. If you play lots of beat 'em ups, it won't be too hard.

It'll seem impossible for around 5 minutes, until use of the block button becomes reflex (out of necessity) and after that the whole game opens up an whole new level of sword killing slice em uppery.

When I find Ninja Gaiden Black for cheap I'll be picking it up, but I can't justify £20+ on an upgrade to a game I already have.

8. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Ninja Gaiden is one of the, if not the best game for the Xbox.

Yes, I went there. I like Halo also, yes. But NG very well gives it a run for the money. It's probably the most rewarding game i've ever played.

9. Max Con

Max Con Powa, geysuh!

This is the part where I'd post my picture of being the 42nd person to beat Master Ninja and got the #1 spot. (even though it was a glitch :( )

But ... yeah, get Ninja Gaiden Black. Just don't get too angry when a boss beats you many, many times. ;) 

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

the main reason I'm asking is because I want something that feels like I'm being a ninja, doing all types of ninja stuffs. I saw some of the monster/zombie type bosses, and the main character doing what looked to be a spinning piledriver, and that didn't exactly scream "ninja" to me. I'm thinking about maybe shinobi for the ps2 now. I remeber a bud of mine renting it and it being hard as hell, but maybe kinda boring too, can't remember.