Should 4 go sci-fi?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nightrain, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yes, I know it already is sci-fi. But up to this point it's really only been space robots in an otherwise ordinary world. What I mean is something similar to the third season or Animated. Think Minority Report and iRobot.

With the death of Decepticons, Earth advances using Autobot technology, and perhaps the Autobots themselves FINALLY get a chance to repair themselves and even get some much needed plating. That allows an excuse to redesign them somewhat and thusly make distinctly new toys.

The core of all this would be a corporation who contracted with the Autobots and - naturally - turns out to be evil. Maybe even have the Autobots complacent and lazy since adapting to future Earth culture.

2. ironskull08

ironskull08 WoW addict and Transformers fan

I like that idea, but It wouldn't be the same without some Cybertronian-based enemy.

3. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

^^
    True dat.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I could get behind this.

5. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

Then how about, in addition to what is mentioned above, have the corporation trying to find a way rebuild Megatron and his Decepticon army. With Megatron revived, the company wants him to destroy Optimus and the Autobots so THEY can conquer the world. Megatron sees this, and the final battle is Optimus and Megatron, back to back, fighting this company and their evil pawns.

6. ironskull08

ironskull08 WoW addict and Transformers fan

I could see that happening.

7. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

megatron rebuilt in into galvatron
    galvatron will beat optimus prime

8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    That really could be a way to get a Galvatron(named by the corp.) character out there, but he would actually be a drone until Megatron wakes up. Maybe goes insane.

9. MadCatTonton

MadCatTonton MCTT The Magnificent

Interesting point. But I'd doubt if the studio's would go for a redesign of the bots, I could be wrong (when and if 4 comes out will we find out).
    I'm not too sure about a corporation "contracting" with the Autobots. The Autobots might share some of their tech but not all and never weapon based tech. Optimus mentions this in ROTF. Maybe flight tech and stuff like that i guess would be shared.
    But agree something other worldly is needed. Earth has had its fair share.
    Look at Thor, there was a decent amont of time spent on Earth and Asgard. They could still do something like that if Earth is still to be a major set piece for future films.

10. rook

rook Well-Known Member

Except Optimus made it explicitly clear that they would not share advanced Cybertronian tech. In his own words: "We have witnessed your capacity for war. It would absolutely bring more harm than good."

With the exception of Q I'm pretty sure he was using already existing human tech and tweaking it.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I could go with some sci fi elements. The weapon that Blackout used at the start of the first movie was really cool but it seems like the films kept getting away from cool sci fi weapons for the bots.

Not sure about a corporation being the bad guys. Decepticons, Predicons, or some other Cybertronian bad guys need to be the villain for me. Unless the corporation is a front for Cobra but we know that will never happen.