Short Rant

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Sioce, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How many F-cking assholes "get sick and go into the hospital" on ebay?

I bought a classics ultra magnus off this asswipe and he never shipped it or returned my e-mails until I threatened action against him with ebay and paypal...then all of a sudden (within the 2 day time frame i allowed before commencing action) he was sick and in the hospital.
    AAAAHHHHH!!!!!! (virtual scream)

Anyhoo...my new Magnus should get here soon.

Anyone else have this kind of issue with people?
    I bought a Smokescreen from a poster here on the boards and have not heard or seen anything about it.
    I don't want to slam him until I know he is being a nad about it.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    WAY too many. If eBay was a real indicator of hospital trips and deaths in the family, every other person is either dying or has a newly dead uncle.

It's a BS excuse that every lazy-ass who can't ship a box on time uses.

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    yeah, classic excuses by both buyers and sellers, along with my favorite "My kid bid on the item and I'm not paying".

Glad at least to hear your Magnus should be arriving.

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's awful, and don't forget the flip side, when people buy somehting, then take forever to pay or send you an e-mail immideiately after the auction ends asking if they can pay you in 2 weeks or some crap like that

5. TriFlow

TriFlow Well-Known Member

Let me scream with you! I mainly buy off ebay, and sometimes wish that I hadn't won/bid but I always pay right after the auction. Last month i'm selling a few TF's so I can buy more TF's! Anyway two different wieners had excuses why they couldn't pay. "Sorry but I can't pay that much. I know this sucks, but I'll offer you $$$ for it instead of my winning bid" When did this become price line? Then this one "my sister just died, won't be able to buy" When did she die right after you won my auction? Crazy stuff!

6. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ya, I have several won auctions right now that the people are not shipping my items.
    I also bought some stuff from people on the the boards and now I'm getting no response from them.
    Funny that they are chatty kathy until I sent payment now they don't talk at all.
    Dishonest people piss me off.
    I'm going to go send a few more e-mails ans PMs about shipping my stuff.

7. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just paypal claim on them, simple as. as soon as you can get your money back from the deadbeats. feeble excuses aside some people do have genuine problems and things happen for example my computer broke last year while i had some items on but hey i shipped ASAP after.

shame really as ive had some really good deals on there too

8. Darth Trader

Darth Trader Well-Known Member

I've never had that particular excuse used on me, but, I deal with FAR too many sellers who take forever to ship things I buy. For some reason, some sellers believe that they are entitled to your money and don't even attempt to practice good customer service. I am currently waiting on items that I paid over $100 for 3 weeks ago to arrive. They finally shipped last friday! This happens to me far more often than problems with non-paying bidders.

That's why when I sell something I ship it as fast as humanly possible and well packaged.

9. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    Thank goodness all the people I've bought from on this site have been very reliable. Only one incident with shockblast's missile, and now I have to wait till september to buy it from this guy.

But why do people feel the need to rip others off? It's just not right...

10. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    In general i try to ship within 24 hrs of payment cause i have a Paypal/Post Office scale and home pick up.

Waiting more than a week is complete bullshit unless the payment is during a major holiday(x-mas)

11. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just sold my first transformer on ebay...simple as hell when you use paypal...it even has the label and the option to have your mailman pick it up...how much easier can it get?
    I just printed the label, packaged the TF and it is waiting by my front door for the mailman.
    I cannot understand people not shipping quickly...blows my f-ing mind.

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How much feedback does the guy have? I wouldn't do it..... The guy should at least send you half first.

13. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No feed back that I can find

14. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I wouldn't do it. The guy has zero feedback? He is the new member and should have to prove himself first. Don't fall for the scam, if you want to hand out free toys let me PM you my address!:thumbs2: 

Sure... i'll pay you once it arrives:rolleyes: 

15. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ya I think I'm going to just list it on ebay, and see if he is willing to follow through. That way I get my money up front and he can be protected.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    this kind of stuff is why im scared to buy on ebay, im just scared of getting ripped off and I can't afford to lose money on a deal gone bad with my tight income

17. Darth Trader

Darth Trader Well-Known Member

Your best bet is to always thoroughly read the seller's feedback. (even if you have to scroll through a ton of pages to find the negative comments). Most of the time, I think as a buyer you are pretty well protected against sleezeball sellers.

There are plenty of sellers like myself that take a ton of pics, describe items as accurately as possible, and ship fast with no problems. The best advice to follow on Ebay (as in life): If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

You can also do a search in the Good and Bad ebay sellers thread here before buying. Hope that helps.

18. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Fortunately, I've yet to encounter either situation as a buyer or seller. My mum got screwed over quite a few times though, both buying and selling. She sold a few of my old Gundam kits I left at her house (I told her she could sell them and keep the cash) and one that went through quite a bid war (Zeta A1) ended up being won by some bloke who then told her he didn't have the money to buy it, could she hold on to it for him? Then she never heard from him again...wanker.

Aside from one time where we had a super-typhoon hit the island right after I'd sold a bunch of stuff, I always ship out the next business day after receiving payment. It's just the right thing to do, instead of being a lazy prick and getting around to it whenever.

19. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ultra Magnus showed up yesterday...scratched to hell and back. Looks like a dog chewed on the front grill. Lot of faded paint. Grr
    My devs deal took a turn for the better. The buyer is willing to go out on a limb and trust me. So I'm semi happy. Other sellers on the board have come through. I should be seeing a few more items today.
    So I'm happy for the most part.

20. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

We are all too trusting of each other. There's always a few bad seeds that has to ruin it for everyone else. I have no problem if there was a delay, but seriously, don't make shit up just to rip someone off.