shopping in Hong Kong?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ChickenWing, Aug 15, 2007.

1. ChickenWing

ChickenWing Well-Known Member

I am looking for a good place or places to shop for Transformers or Macross items in Hong Kong. I am going to be there for three days, which is not much time to find places myself. So if someone can give me some good pointers I would appreciate it.

I understand that there may be other threads related to this, but I can not find them. My other problem is crappy internet surfing. The internet where I am at sucks. Thanks all.

As of now my only other plans are to see the Tian Tan Buddah. Did not get the chance to see it the last time. And possibly I will try to see the Transformers movie. Have not had the opportunity to see it yet. DAMN IT!!! Take care all!!

2. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Hrmm I suggest going to Tfans, they've got more members from Hong Kong. But they're are lotsa small anime stores etc, one in particular Animate United(where I picked up MP Prime and Megatron) I know there's one in Kornhill Plaza. You can always check their TRUs, Juscos too.

3. ooElitaOneoo

ooElitaOneoo OptimusPrime's Girlfriend

Hi ChickenWing

I'm a girl from Hong Kong and I know lots of places to buy Transformers toys (They are so popular here that you almost have to "sieze" them when they're in store).

Funny that you wanna get American stuff in Hong Kong!
    Well, Hong Kong is a small place, and the shops are pretty easy to locate.
    Have you heard of a place called Mongkok? There are lots of toy stores in the Mongkok area. All you have to do is to get there by subway (MTR, as we call it). Those shops are just a few minutes walk from the Mongkok MTR station.

Guess I probably have to do some translation work as you probably don't read Chinese. Let me figure out the names and addresses of those shops and get them translated for you*=]

Hope I can help...and WELCOME TO HONG KONG!

4. nectarsis

nectarsis I have ZAZZZZZZZZZ

i was in Hong Kong last year, i found much more Gundam, and other various series. It seemed that Transformers were not as prevalent as I would have thought. I will try to look up a few places i found (if interested in video games ...PM me). :) 

5. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Last time I went they had some Classics and Universe stuff and left over Cybertron stuff. More gundams than anything else.

6. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

It's none of my business, but that is really cool of you ooElitaOneoo.

I love random acts of kindness!!!

7. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

If you go to Mong Kok you should check out Sino Centre, they had some Alt Rumble and Ravages when I was there during March Break, I didn't go this summer though. Also if you wanted to get BT Arming stuff, apparently they're sold out of those now.

Its true they're selling out quick, when I was there this summer it was hard to find movie figs but I did see some random Classics Devastator sets at TRUs. From what I've heard, 08 BBs are hard to find there right now too.

8. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

The best area i found was near the wan chai MTR station (small side street off hennessy road,sorry dont remember the name) .
    The street usually has loads of stalls in the street,behind them there is 3 toy stores all bunched together on street level.
    All the stock is mixed together so you will need to have a good search through.

9. ChickenWing

ChickenWing Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info everyone. I have been to Hong Kong once before and had a good time. So I am marginally familiar with a few names and locations. This time when we pull in I want to take advantage of it and check out some stuff I missed the last time.

My number one priority is to find a good place to eat and get me a good meal. I've been stuck eating crappy food for almost five months now. After that I just want to stretch my legs, check things out and maybe find something i can not normally find back home.

Again, that for all the help.

10. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

mmm yea food in HK is great. Which reminds me, you should check out Po Lam station, I think in Metro City 3 there's a really nice Shanghai resturaunt to try out I forget the name but its right next to a CD store. Its on the floor above the lower one which has a pond with Koi in it.

Also in Metro City 2, they've got a TRU in it(where I picked up Soundwave) and an anime store which carried MP Prime when I visited in March, I didn't see it there earlier this summer.