Shopping at Crave.com

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SoundShockX, Jul 26, 2011.

1. SoundShockX

SoundShockX Member

Hi, I wanted to know if anyone has sold or bought transformers at crave.com, because I'd like to try it, but I'm not so sure. Anyone who has had a good or bad experience at this website, please tell. (Sorry, if this isnt the right place to post this, please move it if not)

2. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have bought and sold on crave. It is ok and I have had a good experience with it. The BIG negative is that the money paid goes to crave until the shipment is completed and then you have to wait like 2 or 3 business days before your paypal account is credited. So if your item sells on a Wednesday or Thursday, you have to wait until Monday before you get your money and in the event of a holiday...longer. It does get more exposure to more people though and I have sold things on there that I never thought would even sell. Anyway, my :2c: 

3. SoundShockX

SoundShockX Member

Thanks! I really appreciate your response, but I just found out that they dont ship internationally and currently I'm out of country, so FAIL. But thanks anyway, I'll try it when I can. I was just scared of a scam or something.

4. nickh

nickh ShelfLife Founder

One important point about Crave that isn't obvious is that buyers are charged 10% when purchasing. It's called the "Crave Commission".

5. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I really like the idea of Crave, but there's things about how it's done I'm not cool with and I hope will be adjusted as their business model develops. The Facebook integration for communication between buyers and sellers is an immediate turn off for me, because with exception of Paypal, I don't think I should be required to have a third-party account of any kind to properly use a website. And I especially don't want a bloody Facebook account. As a buyer I'd like the concept of them providing escrow until I confirm the item is okay, but at the same time I'll never sell through them because I'm not sending anybody anything before I have my money. And while I again like the idea of reversing the usual trend and charging the buyer for the service instead of taking it out of the sellers, in practice I wouldn't buy anything through Crave short of a really good deal on something I want a lot because there is that extra cost associated.

What I'd like changed is of course an internal messaging system, and maybe even for that Crave Commission to be split between buyer and seller. It'd be pretty fair if both parties had to pay 5% rather than one side giving the whole 10. The escrow bit is trickier, but I think I would be satisfied if it could be changed so the seller immediately receives the quoted shipping cost while the purchase price is held pending buyer review. Because at a minimum I feel like unless it's agreed upon beforehand (such as an item listed with free shipping) the seller shouldn't have to go out of pocket to initially mail what he's selling.

Even though I don't want to use Crave in its current form, I am very supportive of them and hope for their success because someone needs to come along and give us something other than Ebay and their up-the-ass approach to sellers.