Shop i gear.com ok to use?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ramielschild, Apr 25, 2012.

1. ramielschild

ramielschild Active Member

NOt sure if this is the right place to post the question, if not please move.
    I was looking at a few figures from igear and found them from shop.igeartoys.com I have seen people posting some negative reviews about the company so i was curious to know if its its ok to buy from the shop or should look to another source?

2. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    If stuff is in stock then ppl have had good experiences.....it's the pre-orders and delays ppl complain about.

Depends what your after I guess.

3. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

So far I've ordered the following direct from iGear,

Faith Leader
    Arcee
    Ironhide & Ratchet
    Kup heads
    Huffer & Seaspray
    Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker & Sunstorm
    Weapons for Perceptor and Kup

Aside from the delays to Ironhide & Ratchet and a couple of minor QC issues on some of the Seekers I've had no problems at all.

Delivery takes 2-3 weeks to reach me ( I'm in the UK ) which is about standard from that part of the world and all the items are nicely packed.

4. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, I've ordered a few as well, no problems.

People are just being impatient with preorders, that's all.

5. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

Never ordered from them personally, but check out the pp-01s cancellation thread for some conversation on pre-orders.

6. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

I bought the Kup heads and weapons box from them, very pleased with the service. They're great at communicating when your items have been sent, too. Very polite.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I have gotten Kup head, Weapons box, Spray and Huffer from shop.igeartoys.com and I have had nothing but positive experiences.

8. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'll echo the positive experiences people have had. Top notch packaging and they mark down the value to avoid you getting stung by customs.

9. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I ordered their version of the MP-01/04 head directly from them. They were fine to deal with, but the box did get banged up a little. The foam protected it well enough though so it wasn't a big deal. As others have said, it does take a good 2-3 weeks to get your item.

10. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

I bought the Kup heads and MP Sunstorm from them and everything was fine. I don't know how good they are about dealing with problems such as part defects or returns though.

I would not pre-order any iGear products from them or any other vendor. People have been waiting over a year for Ratchet and Ironhide. That's a lot of $ to be tied up in something for that long of a wait.

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I've read that their CS is somewhere between okay and terrible when it comes to replacing parts/figures and answering questions about the aforementioned. But when it comes to delivering purchased stock, they do as expected.

12. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

I had an issue with my Faith Leader v2 where the arm panel broke during the first transformation, and it took me 6 months to get a replacement even though they told me several times that they already sent one out. They sent me an entirely new arm, but that one had a broken panel on it right out of the package, so I gave up and accepted the fact that they aren't using plastic strong enough for that part of the figure.

13. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty much this.

Everything I've ordered from them that is in stock, I've received. It's the minor qc issues or preorders that are a pain, they are pretty much non-responsive when it comes to emailing them with a replacement part or cancelling a pre-order.

14. ramielschild

ramielschild Active Member

so glad i found the boards. You guys are amazing thanks for all the feedback.

15. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never ( knocks on wood desk ) had any issues with them the couple times I've ordered.