Shogo Hasui Twitter Update: New MP-12 Test Shot Action Pose

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Jul 30, 2012.

1. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    still looks shite compared

2. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed that this guy looks to be about the size of a MODERN, aka PRiD-sized, Voyager. but with a buttload of cool accessories and some other goodies that make him with more.

But yeah, honestly, the $30 to $35 ranges seems like the sweet spot for this guy.

3. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I'm actually more impressed when a perfect looking alt mode transforms to a perfect looking bot mode with simplicity and a minimal number of steps rather than the opposite.

I definitely understand where all of the frustration and complaints are coming from though. I can guarantee you that MP Sideswipe will not have as much detail or as nice a finish as Binaltech Sideswipe. Regardless of how you feel about Binaltech Sideswipe's design there is no denying that it's a high-end collectable. It was also cheaper than this upcoming MP, but that's just how the market rolls these days.

That said, nothing can get between my wallet and MP12. I have far too much dumb love for the character and his G1 design to let the grim realities hold me back.

4. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    I'm sure he'll end up having at least rubber wheels. We've only seen a prototype so far, not the finished product. Maybe I'm telling myself that cause I already prepaid for the item before actually seeing the final toy.

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Rubber tires this thin wouldn't last long I think. They're pretty low profile...

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks good to me, anything sub-100 with the MP name is music to my ears.

7. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dying to see some size comparison shots with someone I actually own, but this thing is clearly fabulous!

8. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

I have Alternators Sideswipe, and the bulk of the detailing went into the company logos. As a robot, his head looked nice and the fingers were articulated, but that's really the best I can say about it. The Dodge Viper was also a much simpler design than a Lamborghini, and the fact that MP-12 has far less kibble than the hunchback of Lambor Dame indicates that the "high-end" aspects of the Binaltech figure did not come from the robot engineering.

Some people prefer vehicle aesthetics to robot aesthetics, but I am not one of those people. And the MP vehicle mode looks spectacular.

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It'll be in the Hasbro version :lol !!

10. Prime85

Prime85 The Dark Knight

I wonder if his front wheels are hidden in his shoulders. Like how he transformed the first time in G1 Episode 1. :) 

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, I wasn't so much disagreeing with you, as adding another layer of context to what you were already saying. :) 

zmog

12. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His Lamborgini car mode sure is damn sleek

13. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Probably just folded or retracted under the hood.

14. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I'm not talking about Alternators Sideswipe though, I'm talking about Binaltech. The overall finish and construction on Binaltech Sideswipe is immaculate. Again, I'm not talking about robot or transformation design aesthetics, just the parts fit, finish an overall high quality feel of the toy. The paint has the perfect lustre, the rubber tires look just and feel like real life tired shrunk down (and they Cybertronian Radial printed on the side is a level of detailing we never see anymore). I can't of course say with absolute certainty that MP12 wont feel the same, but it's highly unlikely.

Also to be clear I'm not making an argument that Binaltech Sideswipe is a better or more desirable toy - I would trade ten of them for one MP12 based on looks alone.

15. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This kinda reminds me of the exact standard (ability to have one leg kicking up without causing him off-balance) I imposed on my recent LEGO-formers. Never knew such "pose" have a proper name. Not many TF figures can manage this pose , with the kibbles + weak pelvis joints and all.

16. SMOG

Yeah, the "kick-test" has been an online standard among toy reviewers for years now. I'm not sure exactly who started it and when, but it seems to have emerged as just a very direct way of indicating the range of motion and relative stability/balance in an articulated figure.

zmog

17. AMG

AMG Old School

Sideswipe looks very nice.

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It sure has proven that Sideswipe is stable even though it is standing with just one leg

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    To be honest I've never felt it was that great of a test. As long as a figure has a decently-articulated ankle or hip then the rest is just finding the centre of gravity of the pose to make it stand. Take the shittest figure ever, give it one good ankle or hip joint and find its centre of gravity to make it stand so as to not fall over. Test passed. You could probably do it with almost any figure these days. And it's not like many people display pose their figures doing a high kick like that anyway because they know any slight jolt of the display will likely make it plummet off the shelf.

20. SMOG

I think having a decently articulated ankle and hip, and having a sufficient footprint to stand credibly on one foot, is always a nice thing in terms of jointing on action figures. :p 

There are probably few Transformers on my shelf that could pull off that pose with authority. I mean, there's also no point in coming up with a "standard" pose that almost NO figure can achieve. Like high kicks in most martial arts, the the ultimate goal is not to ever USE the high kick, but simply to demonstrate that you have that flexibility. :) 

zmog