Shockwave's screwed

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by G1Wheeljack, Jul 4, 2008.

1. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WARNING, SPOILERS FOR SEASON 2 FINALE!

Now that Shockwave's revealed himself to BB I assume he will try to tell Magnus or somebody up in command about Shockwave. However with no real evidence they can't prosecute him right away but they can still perform an investigation on Longarm Prime. So if I was Shockwave I'd get the **** out of dodge before it's too late. Does anyone think this will play into season 3 or will BB be completley irresponsible and forget that a decepticon has a high rank position in the Autobot ranks?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think season 3 could well open with Shockwave fleeing Cybertron and rallying his soldiers, heading for Earth in search of Megatron and the ones who defeated him. It's unlikely his double-agent status can remain intact, the other Primes at least will know he's a traitor once the word reaches them. But maybe they'll cover it up, since they don't want to cause a panic on Cybertron by admitting they've had a Decepticon in the ranks for a few dozen stellar cycles.

3. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I think he was stupid for revealing himself, but I guess he thinks little of the Autobots. Having a high rank and all, it might be hard to prosecute him due to the word of a few repair bots. Ultra Magnus would have to get involved somewhere, and Sentinel Prime could even be a factor.

4. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    Maybe he'll come to earth and lead the Decepticons (and in the process get a new earth-based alternate mode)

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With omega destroyed do they even have a way to contact cybertron??

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They still have their communications center at the plant, of course, it only works if someone from Cybertron contacts them. (or so we've been led to believe at this point)

Why? At that point everyone beleived that Megatron would win and the Autobots there would be destroyed, so why bother with the disguise? Afterall, any proper Decepticon wouldn't miss the chance to put an Autobot down, to make them feel as if they were the villian. :ev: 

7. Omega Charge

News Credits:
    I guess I relate to your argument, but I thought Shockwave would be more careful about something so important. There's always the small chance of something going wrong, and Shockwave just seems to intelligent to do something like rub it in.

8. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I don't really think Omega Supreme was destroyed. I just think he went through the spacebridge butt-first, with head, hands and feet last. Imagine the look on shockwaves one-eyed face when he sees a gigantic yellow robot booty heading right for him straight out of the spacebrige warpgate. I'd imagine his tiny red eye grew to cartoonish proportions right before contact.

9. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Actually, its a standard plot in comics, film and tv.

1.villian fight hero
    2.villian overpowers hero
    3.villian captures hero
    4.villian, thinking he's won final battle,
    gloats to hero
    5.villian reveals entire plan since
    "hero can't stop me"
    6.villian place hero in overly thought-out death trap
    7.hero escape death trap easily
    8.hero confronts villian
    9.villian's jaw drops "how did he escape"
    10.villian gets his

"the incredibles" refered to it as monologing

epilogue: villian escapes, forgetting
    how he blew the first time.

10. Vampyr

Vampyr Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    i think he has enough decepticon rise or come on cybertron cause the signal of megatron.
    so he's probably not worried about ultramag or autobots who know he's shockwave.
    also, if megatron and his crew attempt to come on cybertron, its probably in a secret zone and shockwave is there with the rest of decepticons

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    What makes you think Omega went to Cybertron? Shockwave explicitly stated that the Spacebridge was no longer bound for Cybertron. (after being shutdown) He could be anywhere.

12. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PROTIP: If you guys think for one second that Shockwave can't hold his own against even the Elite Guard, you're about to have another thing coming.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He has a point. Shockwave is a Decepticon. If he's anywhere near as powerful as say, Starscream...

14. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Starscream would be lucky if he's even as close to being as powerful as Shockwave.

Wink wink nudge nudge.

15. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hello!! Longarm Prime is the Prime of COMMUNICATIONS!!! i figure that makes him like an operator. so all calls going into Cybertron would be filtered by Longarm-so to get the word to Magnus, they would have to tell an Autobot directly who would then go to Magnus and tell him directly. while i believe he wasnt too smart in revealing his doubleagent status, which i understand as he thought Megatron was about to invade, he has nothing to worry about.

unless the writers dont use him as an operator kinda guy and totally ignore what i said lol

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Intelligence, not communications. Though if the Autoboot camp is anything to go by, they would need to contact him to report the breach. Of course, if the ABs were smart, they'ed contact Magnus directly.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    dang!! someone the other day said he was head of communications... oops ^_^'

maybe he can still screen out all incoming communications from earth.

18. Omega Charge

News Credits:
    Sigh.

Kids tv...

19. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I think it would be cool if they went an entirely different direction with the Shockwave situation. Rather than have him go underground or flee Cybertron to go meet up with Megs on Earth (which would make NO sense imo), maybe he could instead do some advanced damage control by placing the Elite Guard under arrest for a fake charge of treason, thereby taking them out of the equation *before* Bumblebee has a chance to rat him out and expose him, and subsequently squashing any chance for potential prosecution. That could very well place him in the position of Cybertron Commander (ala G1), allow for a series of questionable decisions that other Cybertronians start to question, give the Autobots on Earth a concerted reason to find a way back home, and ultimately make his fall from power or exposure of his true allegience that much more epic when the times comes. Kind of a Wizard Of Oz vs. Chancellor Palpatine vs. The Departed scenario.

Or something like that. :) 

20. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    What he said