1. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Was watching Toxicity on youtube and for laughs, checked the comments.

Someone actually, in the youtube comments (the single most unlikely place on the planet to find one), posted an interesting idea:

For the record, the user held this to be absolute, set-in-stone, more-certain-to-happen-than-the-passing-of-dates-on-the-calender fact, which without evidence, means nothing but garbage. The idea is nevertheless a clever one.

What if Shockwave came to Earth, not to help Megatron, but to kill him?

I read the interview with Teiger regarding Fall of Cybertron, and he said something that the comment sent me back to:

"Soundwave is loyal to Megatron, Starscream is loyal to Starscream, and Shockwave is loyal to Cybertron"

Megatron is the primary reason why Cybertron, which Shockwave holds paramount, is now barren and devoid of life. Following this train of thought, it actually seems logical for Shockwave, having seen the Decepticons' quest for power lead to nothing but the ruination of his home, to now be opposed to Megatron's rule, which has brought his world nothing but chaos and destruction.

It would be interesting if something like this actually came to pass instead of the typical "I live to serve you Lord Megatron" nature of the Decepticons introduced thus far.

What do you all think of the show proceeding in this direction?
    If you're against it, how would you rather see Shockwave integrated into the show?

2. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

That is....... actually... a good idea

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I honestly believe that's Shockwave's purpose in this countuity.

It was hinted a dozens of times in Exodus actually stating that Megatron was aware that one day Shockwave will turn on him. In fact I believe that's what Shockwave's going to do. To ge rid of Megatron and uses the Decepticon army to use Earth's resoruces to bring back Cybertron and to hold off the returning Quintesson invasion.

If not then I hope at least make Shockwave dedicated to saving Cybertron that it made him insane enough to find the way no matter the cost which puts Megatron and everyone else in danger because of it.

4. SquirtleSquad7

SquirtleSquad7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's actually a pretty awesome idea. Shockwave, although pretty high up there, could gain my favorite character spot, if this story arc ever takes place.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

The hope that Shockwave kills Megatron is the only thing that makes me stay up to date on Prime.

6. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

It would be cool (if this comes to pass) for them to introduce an Autobot that Shockwave had swayed into league with himself by cleverly persuading him using only the grounds that they should be loyal to Cybertron above all else. One whose presence and influence would cause enough schism to counterbalance that in the Decepticons. The way Sentinel Prime was portrayed in the novelization of Dark of the Moon would be an almost perfect candidate for the role (now that Michael Bay's screenwriters can't butcher him). Maybe introduce a character of that same caliber with his original scripted name, Ultra Magnus.

As much as I would love to see Shockwave singlehandedly mastermind and execute a full scale takeover of the Decepticons as well as proceeding with a plan to rebuild Cybertron, I can't think of a realistic way to fit a solitary conquest of that magnitude into Transformers Prime. He would need some help along the way from a powerful ally.

7. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

Explain just how Starscream, Airachnid, and even Knockout fall into this "we live to serve you Lord Megatron" mold? In fact disloyalty is common amongst the Decepticons.

8. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well he can enlist the help from the Space Pirates led by Thundertron for example. :)  That's a start.

Also a good idea to use Ultra Magnis in the DOTM Sentinal Prime role. It wwould make a pretty good twist espcially that he's the leader of the Wreckers.

9. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

What I said was that it is the "typical" attitude, most, not all, of the Decepticons fit that description.

-He could start with the Vehicons, whose role has been significantly diminished since the Insections returned to Megatron's command.

-You saw exactly what I was implying. He could cause serious dissent on Earth towards the other Autobots, especially with the military in lieu of the Nemesis Prime incident. Either of them could even persuade MECH to provide their services by promising Silas command of the Earth after Cybertron is restored.

10. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    OP I'd kill for that to be his character motivation.

11. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

I'm thinking less likely the Cybertron part and more like "loyal at first and later turns on Megatron without any buildup or explanation".

But hey, that's just me.

12. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I was just expecting that he would blame the Autobots for everything. The thought never occurred to me that he would be after Megatron. That would be real twist that I would really enjoy seeing play out.

13. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Though I find this unlikely, I think that would actually be a pretty cool way to go. But with the unresolved MECH plotline that implicates Silas will be put into Breakdown's body, I think that their days may soon be numbered.

Also I think that while MECH could find the idea tempting, they'll have to eventually realize that there is no way Earth and its inhabitants will be able to survive if their resources are used to restore Cybertron. I think that with Cybertron's size and the depth of its damage, all of Earth's resources won't be able to restore it fully and when they're exhausted completely, humanity and every other species on Earth will probably die because of it.

But taking into mind Shockwave's personality and interest in science, I wouldn't be surprised if he destroyed Earth's ecosystem/atmosphere/etc. entirely and kept a few humans and other species alive in his lab for scientific purposes. I'd hate to think what would happen to them then.

14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Or maybe he can make his race known to humans and give them a choice. Either give them a chance for survival by working for him to rebuild Cybertron or leave them to die on thier resource depleted planet. I can see him doing that.

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This is how Shockwave was from the very beginning (the Marvel comics), until someone decided to corrupt his original characterization and make him Megatron's docile yes-man. Bring on the O.G. Shockwave - the cold, logical schemer with skills and abilities second only to Megatron's, who would think nothing of eliminating Megatron should his mechanitions prove counterproductive to the Decepticon cause and the preservation of Cybertron. Such a proper interpretation of Shockwave might just save TF: Prime for me.

16. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

I've got a sinking feeling in the back of my mind that is the outcome we will actually get, but I'm going to have some faith and remain optimistic. Shockwave is one of the deeper characters in the franchise so they have a lot of ground to work with.

Would not mind in the if he and whoever else he was in league with concealed their motives from the other characters and operated covertly until the last possible second. However, we should be fully aware that something is not right from the start, maybe have Shockwave monologue and state outright that he's going to kill Megatron as he's inbound toward the Nemesis then do a complete 180 after contact.

I would personally love it if an an episode opened with him saying "I'm going to kill him", then cuts to Shockwave inbound for the Earth. Then starting from the back of his eye, the shot zooms down towards his destination, the Nemesis. He then crashes into the command deck, leaving the bridge scorched and in stunned silence similar to Loki's entrance at the beginning of Avengers. He then brutally fights his way towards Soundwave or Dreadwing (depending who is on deck at that moment) and demands that they summon Megatron to face him for what his reckless actions did to his home, then proceed with plot from there. But that's just me.

Honestly, with how much room they have with Shockwave and even the possible involvement of Ultra Magnus here, I expect nothing less than a damn good buildup and a solid explanation for whatever they have headed our way.

EDIT: I could also see Starscream getting involved and playing a significant role in helping Shockwave gain command, if for no other reason than to dispose of Megatron and further increase his chances of regaining leadership of the Decepticons.

Sidenote: Has anyone actually seen the clip he was introduced to us in?

17. SndWve90

SndWve90 Member

Shockwave coming to Earth to overthrow Megatron would be a dream come true, and the icing on the cake for an already amazing show. I would love to see this throwdown. Megs is extremely powerful on this show, as he should be, and a comic book characterization of Shockwave showing up would be extremely interesting.

18. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Just so you all know, this is the comment:
    Anyway, the OP's theory seems pretty interesting, and if it ends up being used (As unlikely as it may be), a good reason to put the break at this point is to keep us on the dark until the next episode, where there's a possibility that Shockwave actually WILL appear.

19. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It would be great to see Shockwave coming to earth, standing between the Autobots and Decepticons, bringing new Decepticons with him like Ramjet, Dirge, Thrust and challenging Megatron to a battle and more too come. Autobots how are watching from the sidelines to figure out what too do with these overwhelming fights (picture Ratchet face, who is desperatly finding a way)

20. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    Maybe Shockwave is the one responsible for the Insecticons been on Earth, setting it all up for a prelude to getting rid of Megatron and taking over the Decepticon leadership. I mean, it is logical to have back up , right??