Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rexidus, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Man am I happy with Fall Shockwave. He looks fantastic. He was very much on my list of figures I wanted and to see him translated so well makes me giddy.

And oh boy am I glad I resisted the urge to buy Dark of the Moon Shockwave! I hate the movie designs but I love Shockwave so my mind was trying to find ways to convince me to buy something I think is hideous. I kept holding out hope that the game Shockwave would get made. I am super pleased that I was able to hold off settling for something I didn't want to get something that looks amazing.

So yeah, go Shockwave! I now return you to your regularly scheduled browsing.

2. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i am so loving this new shockwave, hes going to fit in nicely on my classics shelf

3. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    only thing i wish is that his hips were a little closer together or could move down to make him seem slimmer at the waist like the game design. The figure has birthing hips imo, still looks awesome tho

4. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    I don't like most of the new toys and even I have to admit that Shockwave is pretty freakin sweet.

5. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I too am very happy with Shockwave. No Reason for him not to go right in with the classics since he never had an Earth based alt mode anyways. The only complaints I have with him is I'd rather he had an arm for a cannon instead of the gun, and I wish he had a hose.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    FOC Shocky looks incredible. Seriously, it's like they just plucked his model from the game. It's nigh-perfect.

I also like that he's in the first wave of the line. Hopefully this means the Shockwave character is becoming more popular and will be focused on a lot in the game. And who knows, maybe it'll eventually lead to TFP Shockwave.

Hopefully.

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    From what I've seen, it looks like the cannon will be able to cover his arm, giving the illusion that he in fact does have a gun-arm (sort of like on FE Voyager Prime).

But yeah, I kinda wish he had a hose too. Get on it, third parties!

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    A Classics styled Shockwave is overdue.

:rock 

9. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He looks even better than I had imagined him. Everything about him, from the colors to the vehicle mode, is absolutely perfect for him. He should be a great addition to many Classics collections.

10. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I'm wicked excited for this dude. An awesome update to Shockwave that works with the Classics line and WFC/FOC lines. Picking him up on sight.

11. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously? I thought the design was weak, a total throwback to the Energon days.
    I'm not impressed with anything i've seen at toyfair to be honest, I really do feel like Hasbro are going backwards in terms of design quality.
    The ROTF line is really feeling like a high water mark.

12. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I'm one of those peeps who thinks WFC/FOC fits in perfectly on a classics shelf. G1 esque design with a more modernized aesthetic? That fits my description of classics to the tee. I've been wanting a Shockwave for so long.

13. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I agree OP, he looks better than I could've even imagined. He looks like he walked out of the game. I've wanted a toy of him since WFC, and I was not disappointed. :D 

14. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Shockwave is awesome.I can't wait to get him

15. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where are the pics? You can't post something like this without pics...

16. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Honestly aside from being Deluxe sized, there's very little to nitpick about him. The wings are a bit distracting but I can live with them. The great part about FoC Shockwave is that he has better proportioning than FoC Jazz and Prime. He looks as many have mentioned already, pretty on model. I also don't mind having two actual hands where he can just hold the larger cannon. Looking forward to picking him up.

17. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing I'm worried about is size. As other's have stated, it most certainly seems like the deluxe's have somewhat shrunk in size. If Shockwave is going to be the same height as bumblebee, there's going to be a problem.

18. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    With G1 Shockwave being my favorite character, obviously a Classics Shockwave is my most wanted thing, at the moment I have some reservations.

- Obviously, wish it wasn't a deluxe, but Straxus and Thunderwing are stuck that way so this is something ya gotta get over. DOTM Shockwave seemed like the perfect size to me (smaller than a normal Voyager, since DOTM toys in general were undersized, but he looked the right height next to Classics Megatron).
    - The wings and the panels on his thighs... he looks like G1 Shockwave, which makes sense as he was always in Cybertronian form, but you have to accept that he is still WFC Shockwave, and that guy has wings and panels, so, okay, it's true to the design. The wings aren't even that bad, with his purple color scheme, he sorta has a silhouette of being a walking Decepticon symbol. But, the panels should be on his calves, not thighs, so that still looks awkward.
    - His arms look a little chumpy compared to his giant shoulders. I feel like we need to see more pictures/poses/angles before I can tell if this is bad or not.

But, the good points
    + beautiful color scheme
    + GREAT head sculpt. It's not all anime-influenced like Energon Shockblast, it is a nearly perfect update of G1 Shockwave's cool head.
    + along with the head, the torso is well done. The big hexagon chest is nicely detailed and looks great in its transparent color, the abs have the segmented lines which are an update to details that G1 Shockwave had, the back has a backpack like G1 Shockwave. The kibble is used nicely there
    + skinny legs. At first I didn't think this was a plus, but G1 Shockwave had skinny legs. In fact, I remember being disappointed in the Energon version when he first came out because his thighs were fairly large, and I thought that, since Shockwave can no longer become a gun, it'll probably be hard for Hasbro to ever make a new version of Shockwave that doesn't have blocky thighs. But, they did a clever job of making it so his legs wraparound his giant gun, forming a thin frame for the vehicle mode. Still, they are slightly skinnier than I'd like. I don't know if the panels on his thighs are molded to the thighs, or if they're on some kinda joint. If it turned out that he's mistransformed and you could swing them down to make the shins look wider, I'd totally love it.
    + the gun and the way it's incorporated into the vehicle mode are a nice design. Because of the odd pose he's in on the Toy Fair shelf, it's hard to fell if the gun integrated with his arm (he seems to be holding it in his hand), but in the Hasbro promo photos, it looks integrated to me, so I'll hope that it works that way

19. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    . . .
    Have you looked at the news lately?

20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    This, I must be one of the few that is disappointed. I'm praying a third party picks up the slack and nails it like that MP Soundwave.