ShockWave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ZooCrazie, Aug 16, 2011.

1. ZooCrazie

ZooCrazie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ok here is the first item out of a whole box I got for $30. 80's Shockwave !! Can anyone tell what is missing? And where I could possible find the missing parts? Also just by looking at the pictures what condition would yall say he was in?

Attached Files:

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Looks to me like he is just missing the pistol mode barel that goes over the arms. Can prolly find one on ebay.

That said he looks like he is in pretty decent shape and worth the 30 you paid for the box.

3. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Becoming vintage, day by day

Looks decent. I'm surprised at the shape the D-con symbol is in. It could be a repro-label. You're missing the piece that fits on the end in gun mode.

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I think that may be the KO. The cable looks a little short to me. I could be wrong. But as mentioned your missing the grey barrel.

5. ZooCrazie

Ebay:

WoW just checked it out on EBAY and that little plastic Barrel is a whooping $27.99. Is that over priced or reasonable?

Alucar77: you mentioned a KO?? what is that?

6. havanowoncheese

knockoff. There is a high quality g1 Shockwave ko but if i recall like other high quality kos you can only tell by the box not so much the figure its self.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Actually with the KO for Shockwave the Plastic Hose is actually shorter then on the original one. That is the give a way on it.

I have the KO, and to be honest, it is better then the original minus the whole plastic hose thing.

8. ZooCrazie

Ebay:
    Where was Shockwave made at? The original one. The guy I bought this box from said that it belonged to a cousin of his and the box itself had been sitting in the attic for like 20 years. Told me that he was gonna have a yard sale and knew that I was a colllector and give me first dibs.

9. havanowoncheese

Well in that case it prolly is not a ko Shockwave

10. Papasmoak

Papasmoak Well-Known Member

Hmm black screws?.....looks like a legit Shocky to me.

11. Alucard77

News Credits:
    True, the black screws.

BTW, you can actually pull the legs apart. It doesn't seem like you can, but you can. If you nudge them slowly they will come apart and actually sit correctly. If they don't move, you can always use some WD-40. I ended up needing to do that on mine.

That Shockwave is an awesome figure for his time!

BTW, this is what my shocky is doing (also you can see the transformation)

[​IMG]

12. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Incidentally, you have the rarest peice already there, the battery cover. The barrel shouldn't be costing too much, I wouldn't pay more than $4 for it tbh. Check transformerland or Wheeljack's Lab on ebay.

And you can tell your hose is cracked in the one photo.

13. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Also check the B/S/T in here. Some of the Junk sections should have it listed.

Also, Transformers land rules!

14. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great find

15. ZooCrazie

Ebay:
    Alucard77 : in your photo who are those little guys under your Shockwave? I pretty sure that towards the bottom of this Magical box I have purchased I have the same toys!

And another question. Shockwave chest is it supposed to light up in anyway? I put a battery in and the gun lights up and all the sounds sound perfect , but as far as his chest it does nothing. Looks like it should do somthing but im not sure

16. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Those guys are the Insecticons. Dude you got a great find if they are in there too!

As for the chest. It doesn't do anything. So nothing is broken on yours, no worries.

17. ZooCrazie

Ebay:
    oh yeah it diffently was a great find. and for only 30 dollars !!! a whole box full of G1 toys !! Makes me excited just thinking about it. Stay tuned I will be posting a lot more as I go through the box checking out the toys and ldentifying them and looking for lost parts !!

18. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke!

News Credits:
    Nice display, dude! Is that the oversized G1 Soundwave KO? And really digging how Rumble and Frenzy are looking there! Makes me glad I grabbed an Encore #19 cassettecon box set along with the Crazy Devy parts for them. Hella pricy but I think together they're much cooler in appearance than the PE or United versions of the characters.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting a third party to make and sell an updated Shocky for the masses. But the original G1 Shockwave (which I never owned) is pretty darn cool in its own right, if the WST version of him (which I do have) is any indication (I love that little guy!).

19. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That is a heck of a find at $30, and if the electronics still work on Shockwave that is awesome. My Shockwave's electronics stopped working a long time ago. I got a KO Shockwave recently, and I am very impressed with him.

20. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm a HUGE Shockwave fan and would LOVE to see an updated version. Hasbro had plans to make an updated G1 Shockwave in the Titanium line a few years back, but the line was cancelled before they got to Shockwave. Since then I haven't heard of any plans to release a new version of Shockwave. The only version we've had is the DOTM movie version which is okay, but I would love a G1 update, be it third party or Hastak.