Customs: SHockwave

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Sabrina_Ng, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Ok. So here I am trying to figure this little puzzle out. I have seen a few people use Energon Shockblast for a Classics Shockwave. Erm..So what's the difference between them? Been staring at some pics but I cant seem to tell. I have an Energon Shockblast now but apart from the colour scheme, what needs to be done for a very convincing Shockwave? Any input is much appreciated. :) 

2. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the main thing is beibg able to transform into a semi decent gun... other than that, you need a better pair of arms, right one with hand and the other with the laser :) 

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    The main thing is getting a good set of arms. and if you have two Shockblast's you can then swap the shoulders that way they both have the same size.

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Hey Sabrina--as the guys above stated, you need some better arms. I used Universe Dropshot's arms on mine. I kept the original left and right shoulders from the Energon Shockblast figure in and had to shave a bit off the shoulder connection from the right Dropshot arm (the left arm, if you're staring at him face to face). This allowed it to fit into the existing Energon Shockblast shoulder without the need for another Shockblast figure or shoulder.

The left arm (right arm if you stare at it face to face) should have some sort of cannon instead of a fist. I completely removed the guns and shield crap that came on Energon Shockblast's arms and all. I just dropped in Dropshot's arms (with that slight modding done to the one shoulder to allow them both to move freely and still function properly) and I folded in the other fist and glued a cannon to the flat, backside of that fist. You can use anything as a cannon here (I originally had a short missile that I cut down to fit with a small piece of tube styrene cut down--now I've changed it up and cut the tip off Classics Jetfire's flip-out backpack guns). It's still a bit of a WIP, but I'll toss a pic up so you can see those arms and the original cannon arm I had. Hope this helps--it's hard to explain something in detail without some pics to go along with it (if you need me to, I can take it all apart and show you details on what exactly I shaved down and all that). It's actually really simple and easy to do.

Here's a shot of what I had going on before some minor changes (also, props to Mike on the idea to use these arms--only thing I did different was keep both shoulders in-tact and modded the shoulder a bit--I believe he used two different Shockblast shoulders that looked like the right shoulder in the pic):

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Pretty much the arms, the deco, and the ability to turn into a gun are all he needs to become Shockwave.

6. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    Wow! Thank you guys for pointing out the difference. So they are basically the same. I will think about the arms part.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  7. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    Hey! Thanks for the idea. I will check out Dropshot and see how I can use it. And...I really really appreciate the time and effort that you spared for this minor tutorial. I will probably buy Dropshot and see how I can fix him up with Shockblast. Thank you!!!!

8. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Anytime, Sabrina. Just let me know if you want to see inside that shoulder to see exactly what I shaved down a bit. I'm still working on it (along with a billion other projects). So it's basically still sitting like you see him above.

9. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you can also try parts swapping the purple parts from e sixshot onto e shockblast

other than that, all he needs are better arms, and then a yellow eye, and hes good to go