Shockwave Wasn't Handicapped By Just Any Soldier!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I know many people here VERY annoyed when Shockwave was handicapped by a parachute :) lol) but here is some comfort. The soldier who landed on Shockwave and left his parachute on Shockwave's face was none other than Lennox! I felt it was nice to see a character from all three films do that rather than some unnamed guy just featured in DOTM.

I really enjoyed how Bay let characters from previous movies do minor (Lennox) to major (Barricade > Que) actions after letting them lie low. Well mainly Barricade there. My point is Lennox never really did much beside shoot generics after the first movie so it was nice to see him do something of actual impact.

2. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was it Lennox? I thought it was the young soldier who said "I'll find my own way home, sir."

3. ThunderbeePrime

ThunderbeePrime Loved Botcon 2012

Wasn't Lennox at NEST when that happened in DOTM?

4. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

it's him (the young soldier) indeed, you can see his face when he lands

5. Ironhide1706

Ah, you are thinking of the fellow who lands on Shockwave's shoulder and falls onto the taxi. Lennox is the one whose parachute catches on Shockwave's face and he is spun around onto the road. He then helps the "ride home" soldier after he falls off Shockwave. However it is certainly possible that soldier did do some damage to Shockwave. :thumb 

6. bonycrushy345

bonycrushy345 Well-Known Member

No, this is way after they left.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I love how people yell he was "blinded" and left "helpless" by the parachute, but if you actually watch the entire time the chute is on his head it rarely actually covers his eye and all the fire that hits him merely pings off. Only after the chute is gone just he actually show signs of any damage. In fact the only real damage done came from one of Q's boomsticks, the Wreckers and of course Optimus.

8. Ironhide1706

I just watched the scene and Shockwave is blinded though VERY TEMPORARILY at which point he is hit by multiple boomsticks and machine gun fire.

9. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Based on what people are saying, about being damaged by only Boomsticks, the Wreckers, and Optimus Prime, you really can't complain that Shockwave went down too easy. He took quite a beating!

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This...

and this...

...are two different things done by two different people at two different time frames.

Yes, Lennox is the one who wrapped his parachute around Shockwave's face and he then slid to the ground and proceeded to fire. Moments later the young African American soldier then parachuted down and landed on top of Shockwave, shooting up his face/neck area, and was then promptly tossed 30 feet to the ground on top of the taxi. Lennox and another soldier then rushed to above-mentioned soldier's aid.

11. Ironhide1706

Exactly ^^

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Wait, what does everyone mean by Boom Sticks? The humans were only using guns and perhaps some kind of launcher (because something was causing explosions) on Shockwave. They can't fire Boom Sticks at him.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    And the soldiers brought tanks, and the other Autobots helped. It literally took everyone to beat him.

14. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Well, I think they were fighting the generics around him but yes, it did take a lot to take him down.

15. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Glad someone else addressed this first, I thought this whole damned thread was blinded by parachutes for a minute there.

16. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Lennox blinded him with the paratute, the black soldier shot shockwaves "mouth".

17. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    yeah... from the back of the neck. guess sheldon was right about necks being such fragile constructs for holding such a valuable payload.