Shockwave was not the best idea for TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPancake, Jul 18, 2011.

1. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

lol I think they blew it by including Shockwave. They should of used another Decepticon to be the "red herring" (I hear lots of people saying it). Then the next movie could be Transformers:Rise of Shockwave. It could be about Shockwave unleashing his attack out of nowhere on Earth with the autobots assuming that the Decepticon war was over because the main dudes( megatron, soundwave, and Starscream) all died. Shockwave could have his own film being the badass villain.

2. tpainzbro

tpainzbro Well-Known Member

Well the fans just had to have Shockwave. Careful what ya wish for. Plus think about the toys man, the toys.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I really think Shockwave was the best pick for a Red Herring: He is badass, he looks badass, fans adore him and he is famous for taking Megatron's thunder in the whole "Decepticon Leader" thing, him being the main villain doesn't sound far-fetched.

That's why the twist is so big.
    Besides, they can always bring him back.

4. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That's the same thing I was thinking of!!

5. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    I agree with Overlord Balder. Shockwave was the ideal scapegoat. He had all the makings of a new big threat, and yet he was easy to shove into the background to make room for the real antagonist.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Indeed. Honestly any other Decepticon would've made for a really weak red herring.

7. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I think they added Shockwave as a misinformation. We were told Shocky is the bad guy but in reality Sentinel was. Shockwave is just for the fanwank IMO. :) 

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    "This just in, the Big Bad in DOTM is going to be Reflector...I mean, Gnaw!"

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

The war isn't over. I took it from the fact that because the Decepticons traveled all over the world in order to launch the Space Bridge pillars, that after the events of the movie there were still a whole lot of Decepticons located all over the world. And they're not gonna go down easily simply because the Autobots took down the big three 'cons (Megsy, Screamer, Soundwave).

Frankly, Shockwave was the perfect choice to be the red herring. Like others have said, we all know the Shockwave from previous series and the usual tendencies to try and take over the Decepticons, so simply revealing Shockwave as a Decepticon made EVERYBODY think he was the main bad guy. Nobody really paid attention to Sentinel until the novel came out and people didn't use spoiler tags.

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    They didn't "blow it" - they had a plot twist. A damn good plot twist, and in order to deflect, they needed a significant character. Their plan to hide the true nature of Sentinel Prime worked perfectly.

That being said, they could have had Shockwave accomplish more himself within the actual movie.

11. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

As much as I would have liked to see him in a larger role, I'm okay with the way he turned out. I'm just glad he was a badass and didn't die like a chump like so many other Decepticons.