Shockwave Voice

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TransRavak25, Jul 2, 2011.

1. TransRavak25

TransRavak25 Maximal

Does anyone think that if corey burton provided the voice of shockwave he would have maybe had more lines or even more screen time.
    it really annoyed me that he got a lot of attention in build up to dark of the moon and yet sucessfully done nothing for most of the movie then got killed to easliy :mad 

2. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

no, of course not. if they wanted shockwave to have more lines they would have gave him more lines. no one was like "oh shit, he has a weird voice lets cut down his time."

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No. He was a red herring for the audience.

Easily? It took literally everyone to kill him. All the soldiers and all the Autobots including Optimus to put him down.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I do think he would speak more if he were voiced by Corey Burton, but not a LOT more.

Picture every groan, Cybertronian gibberish or scream he uttered, now replace it with a line: That's how I picture.

5. TransRavak25

TransRavak25 Maximal

He got a parachute over his face, got shot by the military a few times, got punched then shot by optimus in an incredably short space of time while doing nothing to fight back.
    considering he was ment to be the 'unstoppable assasin' it didnt really take a lot did it?

6. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still wonder why people couldn't leave the theater and relate Bay's words with Plot Twist protection.

BTW, if I come and blind you, you'd have a hard time to fight too.

7. TransRavak25

TransRavak25 Maximal

8. Overlord Balder

Wait, wait, a FEW? the military surrounded the damn thing and started firing AD infinitum with every single reachable gun, then the Wreckers [THE. FUCKING. WRECKERS] started firing at his didrection with maximum firepower [that for like five/ten minutes in a roll], THEN Optimus came, destroyed half of his torso, THEN destroyed his head, THEN destroyed his eye [he only stopped moving when his eye was destroyed, should be noticed].

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    The build up was great, with how nobody was able to really hurt him. But then it went down hill fast after the parachute covered his eye.

I know that he was a red herring, but come on, at least give him an epic fight scene and a kill. If he had that I wouldn't even have minded that he didn't really have that much to do.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did wonder why he wasn't talking shit to the humans or autobots while he was beirng attacked. It would have made for some interesting exchange. Shockwave was always very boastful about his intelligence.

11. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

pro tip for shockwave: you have a giant ass gun on your arm, use it.

12. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

No, I don't think the choice of voice actor had anything to do with the importance of the role.

Gonna have to agree. As big of a Shockwave fan as I am and as initially dissapointed as I was to see him go out like that he was still a massive threat. For one thing he controlled the driller machine, so if you consider all of the drillers actions part of Shockwave's then omg he was insanely dangerous, and like the people above pointed out, it took almost the entire cast of heros to actually kill him (and Optimus had to deliver the finishing blows). Shockwave had 50 cal rounds just kinda bouncing off of his head, I can't stress enough how tough he has to be for 50 cal rounds to not really matter like that. Plus he got his name mentioned onscreen more times than most of the other characters combined.

Not a small role, not a cheap death.
    The only thing that made it seem that way was the speed of the shots near the end of the movie.

13. Overlord Balder

My only real complaint about the character is that he barely used his BFG on his arm.
    Although, like everything concerning movie-verse Shockwave, he makes his shot worth it [making Optimus get trapped on the wires, taking him off the battle for quite some time].

14. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Being a red herring is no excuse for doing little to nothing at all.

While it may have taken everyone using all they got to finish him off, Shockwave didn't really fight back that well, which I think is what many are upset with. Heck, he fought better in that Burger King ad.

15. Overlord Balder

^He fired twice at the building where the Snipers were [probably killing a good chunk of them], that definitely counts as "fighting back".

Besides, doing nothing? Shockwave is Drillin' around, BEYATCH.