Shockwave to Cybertron Tank to Longarm

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Maybe if Hasbro makes a Voyager or Deluxe Shockwave maybe the features will be that it transform into a Cybertron Tank and then to Longarm. Just like Blitzwings triple transformation. Do you think if someone from Hasbro read this and considered, And do you think it's a good idea?

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I'm sure hasbro has something in mind for shockwave's toy particularly being a armada megatron like tank and also having a "size changeing" ability like cybertron metroplex.

The only competant way I see to properly explain a new toy's gimmick is to cite other toys in the past with similar gimmicks.

3. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I think it's likely that we'll get a shockwave toy that can assume the Longarm face, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for a whole different robot mode or vehicle mode. At the very most, we could get a toy that turns into shockwave, longarm, a tank and a crane and at the least I think we'll get a toy that turns into either the tank or crane and has a head swapping mechanism.

In regards to hasbro reading this and taking it into consideration:
    1) I've no doubt in my mind that the shockwave toy is already very far into the design process
    2) I don't think they're going to read every message board with an idea about a toy and
    3) I'm pretty sure they've already considered doing what you said. The show characters seem to be very heavily rooted in the toy design, so I think it's likely that we'll see a shockwave/longarm toy very similar to the show design seeing as how the toy was probably being designed before the animators were shown what to draw. [/run-on sentence]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seems relatively simple to do a Shockwave/Longarm, as it's more a matter of modifying forms rather than engineering a full transform for multiple modes like on Blitzwing. I'd guess basically the arms and legs can extend (collapsed being the "Longarm" mode) and the face can flip, probably by moving the antennae back and forth between 'ears' and 'chinguard' positions. There may be some variation in the vehicle mode as well, but all that's needed is to have a turret boom where the end can flip around to show either a hook or a gun barrel.

5. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

have we seen a shockwave 'robot mode'? I have only seen his head.