ShockWave Shafted!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ZooCrazie, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ZooCrazie

ZooCrazie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was a little upset with the role that ShockWave played in TF3. They made him look like a bad mo-fo but alls he really did was walk around at the end of the movie. Only to get Owned by a bunch of humans "shooting them in the eyes" . Really?? gezz I was pumped up for some bad azztic battles and ShockWave taking down some autobots but it never really happend. Laser Beak played a bigger role than Shock Wave did. Anyone else upset with this?

2. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

I imagine the rest of the fanbase is. Shockwave getting shafted for the Sentinel twist pissed me off. I enjoyed the movie, nonetheless, though.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

There are topics about this already, second or third page.

On the point of the topic: The Wreckers [THE. WRECKERS] AND the humans with WheeljaQ's weaponry fired against him for five/ten minutes, he wasn't even scratched, Optimus tore half of his torso, THEN destroyed his head, THEN destroyed his eye [he only stopped moving when his eye was destroyed].

He might have a little amount of screentime, but god damn, that guy was hard to take down.

4. Starwave

The fact he was tough to take down doesn't make up for being shafted, and having very little screen time IMO.

5. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

He kind of reminded me of Pyramid Head in Silent Hill. Awesome when you saw him, severely underused. Typical of these last two movies. Imagine the money they would have saved scratching the whole skydiving thing and the driller destroying the building for what seemed like 45 minutes of the movie and concentrate it on the Autobots fighting the Decepticons.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He was never meant to be the main villain. He was a red herring. As red herrings go, he was a cool guy and yeah, he was tough to take down.

7. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    In the bayverse it is. Starscream, The only decepticon to survive to the 3rd movie, was killed by a human with a small bomb. It wasn't even a giant explosion that took off a chunk of Starscream's head.

Shockwave took longer to kill then even Megatron.

8. Overlord Balder

I [sort of] agree.
    But I stand my point: He might have few scenes, but every single scene of him involved badassery of his part:

When he appeared? Required everyone to fight against him.

He controlled the Driller, He is directly responsible for the destruction of that building.

The first time he fired his gun? Rendered Optimus useless for half of the Chicago battle, the second time? Killed half of Epps' forces.

His death? Required a ridiculous amount of firepower to take him down.

Dude was a BAMF. a BAMF with very short screen-time, granted, but he didn't waste his shots. oh yeah.

9. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Even if Shockwave wasn't the main villain, he could have been more important to the plot than he was

10. Starwave

This is what I'm saying. They could have had Sentinel make his deal with Shockwave, instead of Megatron.

11. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

It could have been Shawn Berger wrapped in tinfoil for the amount of actual difference it made in the movie : /

12. ZooCrazie

ZooCrazie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    well I do agree that he was a hard bot to take down. but damnit i was pumped when they showed him in the trailers. I was like alright man Shockwave is gonna rock there world. I sat the whole movie like where is he ??? then they show a few clips of him , I agree with what that "one guy" said about they could have done away with the whole sky diving scene and gave him some more air time that way. it seems like they done a great job in designing him for this movie only to not use him enough. I have to say though that the whole sentinal prime betrayal was awesome. finally someone put that cocky iron hide in his place..... :)  :)  I never saw that coming.

13. chillycheif

chillycheif autobot funny guy

i think chugway had decent screen but not enough ACTION he died kinda quick not megatron quick but quick wish they had him and prime fight like in the burger king commercial.... oh did i say chugway i meant shocwave

14. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    at least the soldiers knew his damn name. hell, N.E.S.T's biggest side-objective next to reaching the pillars was to take him down. the autobots joined shortly after blinding him

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This was what I was counting on. But noooo.

We barely knew you, Shockwave. Shame on you, Bay.

16. avenged9

avenged9 DecepticonAvenger

Ebay:
    It was also interesting that Megatron & Shockwave never said a word to one another.

17. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:

1 ) huh ? When did that happened ?

2 ) no offense, but big deal ! So far, Driller was indirectly responsible for one human falling out that building

3 ) Lucky shot. It was so obvious. And when did Shockwave kill off half of Epp's forces?

4 ) Can't argue that .

5 ) Reasonably questionable.

The only people to mention his name was Optimus and Brains, I think.

well said !

18. Overlord Balder

When he appeared, Optimus required everyone to fall back, then Ordered people to strike against him, The Wreckers mainly, but I think the others also fought against him on his death-scene.

One "conffirmed" human death on the building, and some dozens of guys on Chernobyl, so I wouldn't count him as small deal.
    Driller took down a freaking building, that thing was badass, and who controlled him? Shockwave. the BAMF.

Lucky shot? Come on, you could see him staring with his one-optic at Optimus, charging his gun, aiming, THEN firing.
    It was everything BUT a lucky shot.

When he fired at the building, you can see that most of Epps' troops magically disappear from the building scene to the next one.

Yep.

19. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    1 ) Oh, that WAS the diversion scene. That was the Wreckers only.

2 ) Come on, that should be credited to Driller, not Shockwave ! One-eye barely did anything in Chernobyl. and he was basically playing traffic controller in Chicago for Driller.

3 ) That was what ? 1 or 2 out of 5 missiles shot ?

4 ) ................they were just being lazy. I blame the Wizard !

20. Overlord Balder

Still..THA WRECKERS. Just take a long look at their name.

Shockwave is the master of the Driller, The Driller is his pet, anything done by the Driller is part of Shockwave's actions.

I'll deny that his weapon fires missles eternally.
    When I re-watch the movie I MIGHT change my mind.

And even if the weapon fires missles [rrgh], he still knocked the shit out of Optimus, hell, not even Megatron did that!

A Wizard Called Shockwave. His wand is mounted on his arm like a goddamn howitzer.

Most. badass. Wizard. Ever.