Shockwave Redux

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RzaSharp, Jun 30, 2011.

1. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Lets come up with some better ways Shockwave couldv'e been utilized.

The way i have viewed Shockwave is like a Nuclear Weapon. Most Bots use some variation of Blades and Guns, but Shockwave is in a whole other class, Like a nuke, laser, or railgun.

Aside from what we fans know of Shockwave, what in the movie even makes him badass? We dont even get any dialogue that Shockwave is a threat or a big baddie. The first scene with him seems edited to hell. He emerges from the driller, says Optimus, stares him down, and flees. WTF?

Prime doesn't even say anything like "If Shockwave is here, we've got big problems!" or "Shockwave didnt even engage me, Something else is going on here." All of the bots make mention, even Brains, UH OH theres Shockwave. Why do they all know him, what has he done in the past to make him recognizable?

He doesnt even kill anything the entire movie. Even when he fires at optimus, his reactors dont even powerup. He shoots a normal shell cased projectile, it shouldve been a laser or a plasma ball. Something that shows he can Unleash Hell with one shot based on how much he powers up.

Show a scene through his EYE that shows come super advanced terminator/predator-like targeting system. This would make the parachute seem more necessary. During his final scene, optimus punches through him and you see his hose become disconnected, yet in the next scene, optimus throws him down and pulls his throat out...the hose is still connected. He doesnt even grunt or speak when he's up close and personal with Prime.

Since he was just a ruse, they shouldve hooked viewers into thinking he was the villain instead of weakly implying it. Make it out like he is there for his own reasons, megatron aside. Or he is there to assassinate SP. SOMETHING!

2. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

But Shockwave wasnt in the movie. You must be refering to his younger, less experienced brother Shitwave.

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I agree with most of your points and ideas.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I can buy that. I think it's Sixshot though.

5. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    What I think should have happened was to have Shockwave, Screamer, and Sentinel conspiring from the beginning to take power. Have Megsy out of the loop, and then, after the scene where Sentinel kills Ironhide have him, Screamer, and Shockwave kick Megs ass. Then Soundwave comes along in secret and says that he still serves him.

Then Soundwave and Megs would fight with the Autobots in Chicago after Carly lil' pep talk, and Soundwave could've killed Shockwave with help from BB and the humans, and there would have been one long truck chase scene/fight between Megsy and OP vs Sentinel.

That's how its done Bay. "Class Dismissed."

6. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Meh I wanted him to be the Decepticon equivalent of the Terminator. I got so excited when we saw him just shrugging off all that fire from the Wreckers and just keep advancing, then he blew Prime out of the sky with one shot. I was like "holy shit it's Shockwave time!" except it wasn't, he got killed 5 minutes later.

They should of made him this unstoppable bad motherfucker who is immune to almost any type of damage and once he sets his sights on something he is relentless in hunting it down and won't stop until it's eliminated.

I would of loved if in Chicago, the Autobot's were constantly on the run from from him and Shockwave just pursued them methodically, shrugging off their attacks. Until eventually the bots come up with some plan (blind him, remove his hose which supplies all the power etc.) and take him down together using teamwork.

7. mblogan

mblogan Member

the sentinel thing was cool and all, but i agree, he was grossly under-utilized. my daughter who is 9 even said he was misused. have him kill an autobot like ironhide, ratchet, bee, etc. right in front of optimus or something, anything but how he was used. such an awesome version of shockwave gone to the dogs.

8. RzaSharp

LOL:lolol  Yeah, they shouldve named him Monocularon. "One vision, One purpose. What that is, No one knows."

9. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He should have been a laser cannon. At least something to differentiate him from all the other machine gun fire.

10. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Can't we just say that Shockwave wasnt in it. That the guy in it was a knockoff called Shackwave or Galaxy man? Please?

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's kinda funny, all the rage over Shockwave doing nothing.

And I thought a character couldn't be treated worse than The Fallen was! :lol 

12. RzaSharp

This wouldve been awesome. Everytime the autobots try to make a move, bam! there he is. And since this is last one...they shouldve had him kill many bots. BB,Sideswipe, Mirage....have it so no one is left except Ratchet and Optimus. This would make Prime killing Shockwave seem more to the point. And make Optimus' Final killings (SP and Megs) seem more justified to those who think he is too brutal.

13. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

He's obviously Shockblast!

14. RzaSharp

LOL Galaxy man. Thats awesome.

15. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

This, this, this! He was the Devastator of DOTM.

16. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

That would have been badass

17. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

If you're a Con in the Bayverse you're going to get shafted regardless ... whether it's an Allspark in the chest, a rocket launcher in the groin, your eyeball being ripped out or simply being a victim of the sadistic duo of Bumblebee and Killer-Prime - it's not going to end well.

Shockwave should have been a cerebral badass with lots of sparky dialogue between himself and the other main protagonists. Instead, all we got was a glorified red shirt.

18. RzaSharp

Yeah they couldve not even had him in the movie. Then at the end of the credits, show him and an army hiding somewhere (they couldve came to earth when Cybertron began to appear) Implying that he had been watching the whole time. About to put his precision based plan into action. As if all 3 movies where a test run for him to observe.

People would be going nuts for a part 4.

But i think Bay actually used him and killed him so No one else could in a sequel. For all his Bayhem, thats a bitch move.

19. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    (I'll try to keep this somewhat spoiler free)
    Yeah, but you have to remember that everything that happend before Optimus and Ratchet go to the moon was purposly done to get Optimus and Ratchet to the moon.
    That's why the Russian guy wasn't wearing a radiation suit. He know laserbeak was there and know what was going to happen to him. Shockwave was only there to make it look like he was after the thing that Optimus found, not to fight him.

20. Guiformers

Guiformers Well-Known Member

Shockwave is a silent killer and it is absolutely fantastic, stop complaining about a movie that made the other two are still a boring film, I loved the idea of him as being quiet and shocky say "this is logical"