Shockwave/Optimus Prime DOTM opinion.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Considering how much OPtimus had to handle in TF3, as far as killing off cons, honestly Shockwave could have killed OPtimus if he could.

I'm almost positive shockwave was way heavier or stronger than Megs or Sentinel, but the helpf of soilders and the like, Optimus got a free entrance to take him out.

Surely if it had been different, the Wreckers would probably not make it out alive against Shockwave, and Optimus would probably not have been able to take him out alone. The remaining autobots and military would've had to kill Shockwave, leaving Optimus nearly dead from a brutal attempt to take him out.

We all have different opinions, but this is mine.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If Shockwave hadn't been weakend by the Autobots before Prime showed up, I think the fight could've gone very differently.

He knocked Prime out cold with one shot.

3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Exactly.

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Shockwave should have had an energy cannon with a missile barrage setting instead of only the latter. He could have kicked some major ass with that,including Prime

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    @seekerblackout.

Truth, but Optimus dying again would've not been the route to take.
    Now, a badly wounded Prime, who can barely speak would be ok.

Shockwave was just nothing but bad-ass, & you can sense Primes fear when he first saw Shockwav in DOTM.

6. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I remember another thread from a while ago that made the general point that Shockie was incredibly powerful - both in terms of his stamina and his offensive firepower - he was just underused in the movie so we didn't get to see it much. It took a lot to bring him down, including Optimus himself laying out the final blows.

I would have loved it if Shockwave showed up in Chicago at the same time as the Decepticon army from the Moon. We could've gotten a better appreciation for the damage he could do.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I only meant for him to be wounded

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :thumb  seekerblackout.

9. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    They had both been through a lot before they actually fought. But I think if they went against each other not previously wounded that Optimus would win in the end but be very damaged. Shockwave may have stamina and power. But Optimus is a agile, experienced leader and Prime at that. Not to mention he has a very large assortment of weapons to boot.

10. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Not only that,but when the final blow from Shockwave was about to be dealt,Jolt could have jumped in front of the blast to save Prime. Another missed opportunity for not having Jolt in the movie :banghead: 

11. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Well, he's definitely not a Boba Fett. He shot Optimus Prime from a mile away and hit his target exactly. And Optimus was flying. Everything Shockwave did gave the Autobots trouble, and it took distraction, a bunch of humans, and a pissed off Prime to kill him.

People act like Shockwave had a fair fight against Prime, but it took teamwork to kill him. He was literally blinded by the flying humans, Optimus was used more as a finisher.

In a one on one fight I think Optimus would find a way, he's always very determined. He is a Prime after all.

Edit:
    That's not a missed opportunity, that's a complete rewrite.

12. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    Shockwave was a good shot but to be fair he shot multiple missiles and Prime was not flying he was running down the crane.

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'd like to imagine that Optimus avoided being too close to him for his own safety.

14. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Right, it's been a while since I've seen the movie and I've only seen it once.
    Still, it was incredibly badass how he sort of just turns around and barely even steadies his aim.

15. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

That's why he should have been in when they wrote the damn script

16. Decepticon X

Decepticon X Member

They should bring Shockwave back for the next one, with him dealing A LOT more damage to Optimus Prime. I mean, they could always throw in explainer at the beginning of the fourth one, like:

OPTIMUS (NARRATING): We thought we had won. We thought that with Megatron gone, the war was over. But we were horribly wrong, for it was not what we saw, but what we didn't see that would ultimately lead to our undoing...

[Scene in the ruins of Chicago, where Shockwave's dismantled parts are PULLING THEMSELVES BACK TOGETHER, and his disembodied eye starts to glow bright red...]

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wish that wasn't Shockwave so we could get a proper Shockwave.

Marvel Comic Shockwave FTW!

18. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This. Not to knock Shockwave's (really cool) skills, but that particular assault was more of a "I'll fire multiple shots in the general area of my target and hope that one of 'em hits Prime."

But I would also like to add (not that this needs reassuring) that Shockwave seemed very resilient. Reminiscent of Brawl in the first film. It took a good team effort to bring him down, which I thoroughly enjoyed. :D  Wreckers poured fire onto him, and he shrugged that off (and proceeded to use a nearby car as a shield and then promptly toss it away). Then took fire from soldiers from the air (or, I guess from a third story window) on the ground, then more soldiers, Wreckers once again pouring bullets into him, blinding him, and then a severely ticked off Optimus swoops in and basically rips him apart until he stops moving. He was one tough cookie.

19. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

It would been even cooler if he just shrugged everything off,and only have the Autobots and Prime to team up and finish him

20. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Shockwave is not Boba Fett, if anything, I think he's Darth Maul: A badass silent character that gives the heroes onehelluva run on the climax and dies shortly afterwards, the only difference is that Maul killed someone before dying, while Shockwave didn't.
    On the other hand, Darth Maul didn't ride that badass driller worm, so they're matched.

Not mentioning that he was the only character in the movie besides Sentinel to give Optimus trouble, and the hardest character to kill in the movieverse alongside Brawl [I think he's even HARDER to kill than Brawl, Brawl died when his chest was blasted, Shockwave survived having HALF OF HIS TORSO obliterated, then his face wrecked, then his throat being ripped off, and only died when Optimus finally ripped off his eye].