Heavy/Scratch: Shockwave OBLIT FINISHED!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rumble02, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

OK SO the bio may be a little long but here is the obliticous version of shockwave. and yes the head lights up.

Shockwave was once a medic in the Decepticon army and he was proud of it. He would heal any Decepticon because he new Megatron needed a strong army. Durring a battle at Iacon, Shockwave was extremely damaged directly after doing a patch job on Blitzwing. Shockwave was abandoned by his comrade. For months many thought Shockwave has perished. In truth he drug himself back to his lab and began to rebuild himself. He covered is scared face with a dome that also keeps him protected from shrapnel. After rebuilding himself into a war machine he began to work on his own army THE OBLITICONS. Megatron learned Shockwave was alive and believes that he is still a loyal Medicon.

Attached Files:

2. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Now that, that is amazing! like WOW! i like his bio, and his alt mode! great job on this one! are yu makin an Obliticon army for him? or making other Obliticons?

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Cool build! He does seem a little top heavy, but that's probably due to how thin the legs are than actually seeming off-balance. How well does he stand, anyway?
    Just as a thought, have you considered (if it's feasible) adding some scrap parts to the lower legs to bulk them out a little, to make him seem more evenly balanced?

Either way, it's a nifty bit of reshelling! :D 

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

That's a freakin crazy Shockwave! I like it a lot. it's a different take on him that what we usually see. :thumb 

5. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    That turned out really well R02.
    Looks like he should fit in very well with Sinner/Saint.
    Now Lets see a pic of the 2 of them !!!!

6. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

that is great man your style is awesome and your bios rock I love seeing your stuff keep them obliticons coming....pure win

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This.

Color me impressed by this, buddy. This is by far, my favorite piece of yours yet. I'd strongly suggest the advice quoted by Ramrider here. I think this piece is fantastic, and I think it can be even better if you pushed it a bit more.

Also, I'd suggest playing with your light source on your photos. Your photos are pretty good (you're using your neutral backgrounds well, but be mindful of them as it's easy to let that posterboard slip and reveal background clutter).

I'd like to reiterate that I'm really impressed with this piece, buddy. Keep on pushing yourself; I think you'll be surprised where it will take you. If you or any other Radicon doesn't believe my forthtelling, just do a Radicon search for your threads :wink: 

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Too cool Rumble02!! :thumb 

I am really diggin this one :D 

All I would suggest is what Ramrider and a few others have...if you can, maybe add a little bulk to the legs

Other than that, I think its awesome :rock 

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Actually, it's the only take we've ever seen on him. As Rumble said at the start, this isn't the same Shockwave we all know...

10. starshooter8

starshooter8 AutoCon

cool the vehicle mode awesome

11. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Wow! Dude, this is mindblowing. Your version of Shockwave is impressive. But I too agree what Ramrider is saying about bulking up the legs and pushing your limits from SQ7. Still your creation kicks ass so great job, buddy.

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Ive decided im going to attempt to add some decals to this piece. and as far as the legs go. cant add bulk. if i do it will hinder his allready rather difficult transformation. I dont have a lot of room to work with under the shell

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Ah. Pity, but fair enough. I wondered if it might be possible to use some of the vehicle side parts (that currently form the 'wings' in robot mode) to attach the legs instead. But then I don't even know exactly how he folds up.