Shockwave just felt wasted, IMHO.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Santoanderson, Jun 29, 2011.

1. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

That is absolutely true my friend. As much as Transfans will complain and moan and say that Shockwave did nothing, he was the cover up for Sentinel, another fallen Prime.

2. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave should have been more important to the plot

3. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

IMHO, Shockwwave was slightly wasted, if anyone should've done all the damage, it really should've been him.

4. brains

brains Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. He looked amazing but mostly wasted like every bad character but Sentinel and Lazerbeak. One thing I did notice the 2nd time was right as Optimus is doing his barrel roll, Shockwave gets blasted from behind and causes him to fall to his knee. I guess that's why Optimus got such an open shot at his midsection, that and his eye was dangling from his head.

5. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Even if he is the "coverup" why not make him do something Shockwave-like before sentinel turns, making the impact and surprise even more crucial. Just saying before the release of the movie "he's the main villain" and have him do nothing before the main villain is revealed is asinine and defeats the purpose. Just because it is revealed that he is not the main villain doesnt excuse or make up for his lack of integration and character to the plot.(Excluding who they said the main villain is.) Plus does Bay and co. expect the people to believe that?
    They also said Megatron is not in ROTF and NO ONE believed that.

6. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    He was wasted. Being defeated by a parachute was just sloppy and unimaginative.

I think it could have been far more interesting if Prime had ordered The Wreckers to destroy Shockwave followed by a short but intense 3-on-1 smackdown.

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Wait, did I miss the scene where the Parachute transforms on a team of soldiers with alien guns, The Wreckers, Optimus and pretty much all the main hero cast together firing at will against Shockwave for solid five/ten minutes then destroying his torso THEN destroying his face THEN ripping off his eye?

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Hell no. We want robot screen time. Not angsty teenagers (not counting the military of course).

true true

in other words, wasted potential. I agree.

What dragon? Shockwave and Megatron were NEVER even seen talking to each other. Hell, when I saw him suddenly appearing in Chicago I was like ".........the f*** ?! Why is he so late ?"

And somehow once a parachute lands on him, he goes "wahhhhhhh !!!!!! " and doesn't even try grabbing and taking it off.

JEEZ !!!

Leave Sentinel out of this. It's not even the topic of this forum.

again, word !

love your opinion !

word man !

All the while. It still sucked.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The bolded portion automatically makes your statement invalid. Rectify this deficiency immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    Originally Posted by Rodimus25
    I agree, and it's weird because they are asking for something he never did in g1, or any other cartoon series I've seen. (never read the comics) I saw where someone wanted him to turn on megs and take over... What is that ? That's never happened, never been in his character. So for all purposes, people are mad because they didnt make shockwave do something totally out of character and turn against who he has allways been. I have to scratch my head on that one.

Rodimus. Shockwave was infamous in the comics for being the second most powerful decepticon after Megatron. and being Second in Command.

He even took command of the Decepticons when Megatron was absent or labelled dead.

People don't like the cartoon version cause he acts like a KLUTZ !

11. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Personally, I think they should've just gone the route of him upsurping Megatron as leader of the Decepticons. I think it would've fit and strengthened the story with the notion that him and Sentinel both feeling that Optimus and Megatron failed the Cybertronian. Plus, I think it would've jived a bit better with the plots of TF1 and ROTF.

12. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

The real shockwave is impressed by the logic of your arguments... while movie shockwave watches silently with vague intent.

13. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    The movie would have been perfect if Shockwave had Sentinel Prime's role.
    Sentinel would still betray the Autobots. But Megatron would decieve Sentinel and have Shockwave or the Driller kill him. At least that is what I would have liked. Then Shockwave betrays Megatron.

14. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:

All Hail Shockwave !!! THE TRUE LEADER OF THE DECEPTICONS !!!!!

15. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

Yeah but the cartoon is ultimately the basis for transformers. The comics basically expanded the universe.. So no the comics should have no bearing on this or any other live action movie... Have you heard of someone doing a movie based on star wars comics or books ???? (rhetorical) the bottom line is Shockwave in this film was depicted very close to his relevant g1 counterpart as every other TF was.. As a matter of fact now that I think of it...Shockwave never attempted to lead in any other cartoon series either... He was always subservient to Megs.. Glad you like the comics but don't get pissed when the character is portrayed as he was originally written..

He was bad enough without having to be in the final fight.. Again to have Shockwave fight the final battle after what transpired through the movie would have stopped the film in it's tracks.. It's a great movie as is!!

16. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

Another thing.. If you have Shockwave usurping Megs and sentinel betraying optimus to join Megs or shock wave.. That's just a big mess!! It took two and a half hours to tell this story, could you imagine how long it would take to untangle that mess?? Not to mention the deceptions not knowing what's going on, then you would have starscream putting in his bid for leadership.. Uh.. No thank you to that mess!!

There are no star wars expanded universe movies and thankfully we didn't get expanded universe Shockwave here... Just a good nod to g1 Shockwave ... A tough as nails loyal deception soldier.