Shockwave is nothing more than a oversized targetmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Jul 30, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello,I refer to a topics Megatron is nothing than a oversized Targetmaster,I have a question ,can Shockwave can consider a oversized target master too like Megatron since he too transform into a ray guy .
    if you a Decepticon ,will you use him as a weapon since his shoot more deadly than Megatron ,his victim will died from electric shock in slow death with burn from his shot,agree?

thanks.

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, because he can only be held by Combiners like Bruticus.

3. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes and no.

Yes in that he doesn't change size, much like the Nebulons. They didn't really grow or shrink to become guns, while Megatron drastically changes his size.

No because there's almost no Transformers big enough to hold him. In that regard, he is similar to a cannon emplacement that just happens to resemble a handgun.

4. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    No, because he's a giant hovering space cannon of death.

Reed moar komikz.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You beat me to posting this.

And "reading"? What's this you speak of? :lol  /sarcasm

6. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

Hmm ... I don’t think Shockwave was able to shrink down in size like Megatron. Even if he was given the choice, I'm not sure it would be a "Logical" action on his part to transform into a less-strongly-armored cybertronian handgun mode or for him to waste a huge amount Energon to go through a mass-displacement sequence.

So ... to answer your question:I will have to say no, I don't think Shockwave would be too thrilled or even allow anyone let alone a human to hold him and use his almighty electric shock blasts.

Attached Files:

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He's a Giant Space Gun.

INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Shockwave remains thirty-five feet long in gun mode. He doesn't require wielding, and I doubt he'd consent to being wielded anyway.

As for his power, he's said to be second only to Megatron in that regard. So I'd hesitate to call him more deadly; perhaps equal would be more accurate.

But why am I even posting here? After all... (see below)

Given the OP doesn't even appear to bother revisiting and rereading the threads he starts, perhaps this might be a bit of a tall order.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Has it ever been explained why Shockwave has a giant handgun alt mode? Turning into a big gun emplacement I can understand. Also turning into a handgun a normal TF can hold and use. But a giant handgun? Handle, trigger and all that? I can only assume he used to mass-shift shrink when he transformed but then at some point decided it was illogical that he should surrender his weapon mode to someone else to use when he could do it himself and disabled his mass-shifting technology.
    I'd really like someone to do Shockwave's origin in the comics or something.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

As others have stated, Shockwave's alt. mode works more as a giant laser cannon that can fly. The fact it's really a gun has more to do with the fact the actual G1 toy turns into a weildable lasergun with electronic sounds.

It is true that other Transformers have wielded him in alt. mode, although the only time that comes to mind is in the G1 episode "Bruticus' revenge" where he uses gun-Shockwave against the latter's will and starts blowing up the robots Shockwave told to attack Bruticus. Then Bruticus stuffs gun-Shockwave into one of his back cannons and fires him into deep space.

The catch with Targetmasters is that the larger robots were binary bonded to their gun companions. This does NOT apply to Shockwave, Megatron, or even G1 Sixshot (Cyclonus used his gun mode to shoot down Silverbolt in the 30 seconds Sixshot was actually in the cartoon, Rebirth ep.1), all of whom have gun alt. modes but are not bonded to any specific user. In fact, G1 Galvatron's toy has a gun mode but Cyclonus refers to it as "a gun no one is worthy to wield" or something to that nature.

11. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

shockwave is more like cannon that can be used like a gun by combiners

12. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

hey! you missed the best part, when he jumps on starscream's nose cone and rides him back to cybertron, haha! :D  i think what's really going on here is that starscream is an undersized cybertronian jet :jawdropper: 

13. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Did Shockwave die when Unicron attacked Cybertron in the movie? I read somewhere that it was in the script that he was supposed to die there. And I don't remember him making any appearances post movie.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think there were only a few times he appreared post-movie in the cartoon, but they were likely just crowd scene mistakes. As far as the cartoon is concerned he was pretty much dead.
    In the UK comics Shockwave survived and was running the Decepticons for a while until Death's Head came along and squished his brain.

15. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

I thinkl he was supposed to and I believe later on there was a movie comic adaptation of Shockwave being destroyed by Unicrons eye beams.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

That had nothing to do with Bruticus interacting with Shockwave in gun mode, so I left it out as it was irrelevant.

I believe that part in the script has Shockwave radioing for help or something before the tower he's standing in is crushed by Unicron's hands.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Not "ONLY" combiners...
    [​IMG]

18. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

In Soviet Polyhex, gun fire you...

19. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    shockwave is bruticus's giant ray gun of fun.

NOT a TARGETMASTER.

20. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hehe, I forgot about that.